A Deal Is A Deal

"So Miss Detective...What are you gonna do with our bet?" Kaito asked amused as he playfully spins the pen on his desk.

The teacher doesn't seem to be paying attention to the students as he was busy writing on the board at the front. Everyone seems to not pay attention to the teacher either and it was painful to keep listening to him. You took this opportunity to look at the joker beside you and gave him a reply.

"Do I seriously have to?" You said as you look painfully at him since he was gonna take your precious weekend.

"It's okay if you don't want to but that just means that you'll be backing off your words," he said as he tosses the pen and catches it before hitting his desk.

You gave him a small grunt as you finally give up from giving up.

****************** 

Weekend soon came and you found yourself standing in front of a mirror looking surprised to yourself. You dressed up quite nicely unlike the last time. You take a deep breath and think if it's too much for a wasted weekend.

Your thoughts were soon disturbed as you hear your phone rings. It was quite confusing since there are only 4 people who knew your number and all of them know that they should not call you. You grab your phone and saw that it was an unknown number. You answered the call with cautious but it was soon replaced with annoyance as you hear the voice from the other side. 

"Hey I'm outside your house," He said cheerfully.

You quickly ended the call as you run downstairs to find the monkey who you are stuck with for the day. You slip on your shoes that match your outfit and open the front door to where he is waiting.

He looks at you with a stunned expression before it reverts to his normal face. 
"Aren't you quite excited for today??" He teased you but you were unaffected.

"Let's just get this over with," You said as a sigh escapes your lips.

***********************

You soon found yourself at the entrance of Tropical Land. Even though you've only been here once, you already feel nostalgic about it. Maybe because a lot has happened that you've lost track of time. You look around the amusement park and breathed the fresh air around it. Suddenly, it seems like a truck has hit you that made you remember a lot of stuff.

'Oh right. This is where Shinichi was last seen' You thought as a little bit of loneliness took over you. 'I should investigate more about his disappearance and since I'm already here, I'll start my investigation here'

"Why are you just standing there?" Kaito said.

"It's nothing," you said as you keep your thoughts to yourself.

"Still...I never expect that you'll do this" He ask.

You were a bit surprised by his words because it is true. Why are you even in here with him when you didn't even want this? 
You didn't want anything to disturb you so you put that thought at the back of your head.

"Let's just go," You said.

Kaito led the way as both of you walk throughout the whole park. It wasn't until Kaito stopped in front of an entrance to a ride.  After a while, you soon ride a boat filled with different people. It was supposed to have a tour throughout the vicinity with a lot of electronic animals. The ride continues and you pass by a lot of elephants that made lots of noises.
You look at them with an uninterested face as you repeatedly wish inside your head that the ride will soon end.

Unnoticed, Kaito was staring at you the whole time. 

After that, Kaito led you to another place called Mysterious House. It seems like a haunted mansion where there should be a lot of jumpscares. You decided to give this one a chance since it is haunted after all. Maybe there was a grave in the land before they built the amusement park and maybe there will be an actual ghost in there.

Once both of you entered the premises, you were soon disappointed at them. The supposedly haunted mansion was filled with a lot of couples and based on that, you could tell that it is popular among two people to deepen their relationship.

Suddenly, a mechanical skeleton inside the painting started speaking. It was kinda annoying to you since you could already tell that the rest of this will be boring.

"You can no longer leave this room!" It said.

Soon enough, a girl who was beside you started screaming and clinging to her lover when she saw that the painting was moving. 

"Boring" You spat in disappointment.

Unbeknownst to you, Kaito was also disappointed, not at the haunted house but on you. He expects you to cling to him like the other girl just did but he soon realizes that he was on a date with a detective right now. Not just any average detective, but detective (Y/n).
He too sighs in disappointment.

After that, both of you walk around the park with a little distance between them. Kaito was deciding what to do to make this 'date' to be exciting. There's no sweetness in your 'date' at all but, you were just here to fulfill your part as the prize of the challenge. He bit his lower lip as he plans on what to do next. 

He soon quickens his pace unconsciously and starts to leave you behind. You quickly noticed this so you try to catch up to him but, as you were about to do that you accidentally trip yourself.

You close your eyes as you prepare yourself on the impact of hitting the hard ground. You find it quite strange that you haven't hit the ground yet so you decided to open your eyes. As you open them, you were greeted by his pair of shining blue eyes and a devious smile. He was standing in front of you as you were leaning on his chest. He was supporting you as his arm was around your waist and his hand was holding yours. You quickly realize the situation you were in and decided to quickly get away from him.

"T-thank you," You said as you stutter a bit. It was kind of embarrassing to trip over nothing.

'Oh?~ This is what I was looking for' Kaito thought in amusement. He just saw a rare sight and he can keep it all to himself.

*************

It was quite tiring and suffocating after all the walking and, a lot of people started to come in and out of Tropical Land. You suggested getting out of the amusement park and take a rest on somewhere nearby. You originally wanted to rest in a cafe inside Tropical Land but when you took a step inside the cafe, you were surrounded by a lot of pink stuff. It was painful to stay in that place you said you'll step out for a while and come back later.

Luckily for you, there was a small playground near the amusement park. You hear a lot of children laughing and playing in there. They probably won't bother the two of you so you decided to stay there. Kaito who was already sitting on a nearby bench invited you to sit beside him, in which you accepted.

"Aren't you quite different today?" You said first.

"In what way?" Kaito said.

"You'd usually pick a fight with me or insult me. You'd either ignore me or mess with me. And you wanted to go on a date with me??" You said confused.

"Then isn't that a good thing?" He said as he gave you his signature childish grin.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I guess so but, why did you go on a da-" you were cut off as you felt something has hit you in the back of your head.

'Is this a bad day for me?!' You thought as you winced in pain.

4 children then came running into you with an apologetic look. It turns out they accidentally hit you with a soccer ball that they were playing with.

A/n: I'm sorry for the delayed update as I am currently busy with school so I can only create a short story such as this one.

Also, Happy Halloween everyone!~