Chapter 11

I ran through the hallways until I came to a stairway. I sprinted up the stairs taking two stairs at once until I reached a door which led onto the roof of the arena.

I stepped onto the roof and took a deep breath. I quickly sent Kathy a message to let her know she can go home.

I sat down at the edge staring off into the distance. You could see the whole city. 

The sun was setting slowly and turned the clouds into a light orange.

What did I do to him? I didn't talk a word with him for over 10 years now. And I also didn't talk to him tonight.  I thought back to the evening he told me it was him and me against the world forever, no matter what happens. 

And here I am. After all these years sitting on the rooftop of that arena were I finally saw him again being hurt. 

But I was used to it. I was used to the pain. I was used to people ignoring me. I was used to people talking about me in a bad way. I was used to it. 

No matter were I go I'm always the one who get's picked on. I get bullied for good 2 years now and as said I was used to it but still... I wasn't the one that could take everything.

I took everything serious they said. They broke me. And they don't know it.

I thought at least my family would be different, but how could I be so wrong?

Zayn is still the sweetest guy on earth but Louis..

My thoughts were interrupted by a shutting door.

I was still staring in the distance. 

In the corner of my eye I saw  Ashton sitting down next to me.

"The view is breathtaking." he said also looking ahead.

I sighed and he looked at me.

"Lia.." he started.

"Don't Ashton. Please.." I said looking towards my feet.

He looked at me for a few more seconds then looked forward again.

After a few minutes of silence I stared in the distance again.

"You know. Things weren't meant to be like this once."  I started.

He looked at me again but I didn't look at him.

"I'm sorry but I don't underst-"

"Of course you don't. Nobody does.There was a time, when I thought my life is perfect.When I thought I have everything I need. I once was a happy girl in a world where I thought nothing can happen to me. Where I thought that no one can destroy me or my life. And I never thought that one day will change everything. " 

I looked at him and he was still looking at me. I could tell he was studying my face. He was searching for answers. Searching for an answer of what I am talking about. I looked at the sunset again and went on.

"My life was pretty serious in less than 24h. I was alone. I was sad. I was helpless. and I was hopeless. I made the best out of it. Even though my best wasn't good enough."

I sighed. I had tears in my eyes but I didn't want Ashton to see me cry. I didn't want him to think I'm a weak person. But I was. Over the years I got weaker and weaker.

"By now my faith in humanity is destroyed. My faith in happiness, love, hope everything. I don't have anything to believe in. This world took everything. The world and the people on it. They broke me. They left me. They hate and disgust me. I have no one."

A single tear was rolling down my cheek as I dared to look at Ashton again, who was crying by now.

"I need someone." I said finally, breaking down in a matter of seconds.

He put his arms around me and held me as we just sat there crying until there were no more tears left.

He pulled away and looked at me.

"I will be there for you from now on, no matter what happens I promise." he looked at me serious.

"Okay." was all I could manage together with a small smile.

We sat there talking about anything and everything for two more hours until we both went downstairs again. 

I saw how Zayn was talking to Louis.

Zayn was very angry but Louis emotionless.

Ashton noticed how focused I was on their actions.

He pulled me in the dressing room of his band.

Soon I we were greeted by Luke and two other boys, who I assumed were Michael and Calum. Ashton told me about them and how childish Michael was sometimes.

Ashton and me sat down on the couch. I was sat between Luke and Calum. Ashton on the other side of Calum.

"Sooo..Lia will you sing with me?" Luke asked pouting.

"Sure." I laughed.

As Luke was about to start playing there was a loud knock on the door.