Chapter 45

When I talked to Luke about school, Ashton walked in and hugged me from behind. "Since when are you excited for school?" he asks me chuckling and I just laugh. "Well since it's freaking East High School. Do you know how long I have dreamed to go there one day? And now I am like forced to go there!" I smiled at him and he pecked my lips. "You're the cutest." he stated and walked over to the couch. He sat down and started to watch his favourite series.

At around 8pm I decided to go to bed and sleep, so I was fit for school in the morning. When I slept in, I had a small smile on my lips as I remembered some lyrics from an All Time Low song:

Maybe it' not my weekend,  But it's gonna be my year.

The alarm set off at 7:45am and groaning I walked over to the bathroom and showered for what felt like hours. When I came out I quickly picked an outfit and glanced at the clock. It was 8:20am, so I made my way downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and was welcomed by Luke who had made breakfast and even Lunch for us. 

"Wow, Luke you didn't have to do that!" I exclaimed. "Well I was up really early, so I thought why not?!" he smiled and I smirked. "Thank you!" I said and we both sat down and eat. At around 8:35, we packed everything and left. We walked two blocks down the street and there it was in front of me.

I stood in front of the building and observed it. As a kid I used to go this street to go to kindergarden.  The school had red banners hanging down the building, spelling things that are important to the school and that are also taught. 

Integrity

Strength

Respect

Community

Four things that I have never experienced at a school. The four words that would define my point of view on school would be: 

~ Hatred

~Pressure

~Inequality

~Agony

Still I am convinced that the time here will be different. My thoughts went from the school building and the routine to the people in there. I knew everyone who was going to this school. All of them were the kids of famous actors/actress or singers, of script writers and producers but also celebrities themselves, if they were still required to go to school. So what should happen?

"Lia!" Luke snapped his fingers in front of my face, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Sorry what?" I asked him and he chuckled. "I said your Dad is waiting for us, we have to go in, now." and I nodded, following him into the building. We walked down a few hallways with hundreds of lockers until we finally walked around a corner, seeing Danny waiting for us. As he noticed us he walked towards us and smiled. "Good Morning you two." he said and we all went into the headmasters office.

"Good Morning Mister Matsui!" my Danny said as soon as we all entered the room. "Ah good morning Mister Tomlinson! How are you?" the principal, Mister Matsui asked. "Fine, thank you, so I'm here to bring you Luke and Lie, Jeff." he smiled and gestured towards us. "Yes. I was already awaiting you two. So these, are your timetables. You have the same, according to Lia skipping a grade. The first lesson will be Drama class, with Miss Darbus. She will be here in a few minutes and take you to class with her. As you go to a school, were all different kinds of art are coming together, you won't have just normal music and art. You will have Drama class on Monday, Vocal class Tuesday, Instrumental Class Wednesdays, Music history Thursday and Art class on Fridays." he explained to us. "Okay." I said and he looked at me smiling. We were interrupted by a knock on the door.

A woman in her middle forties and long blonde hair walked in. She was a bit chubby and wore glasses. "Aaah Miss Darbus." Mr. Matsui exclaimed. "So you two, have fun and I hope you will have a good time here." he said and we said goodbye to him and Danny and left the office with the woman. "So guys, at the moment we are talking about a German author, called 'Schiller'. Ever heard of him?" she asked us. "Not really." Luke admitted and the woman smiled. "Thought so, what about you?" Mrs. Marbus looked at me awaiting. "I actually know a lot. Also about other German authors." I told her honestly. "Perfect." she said and sent Luke a glare. We stopped in front of a class room. 

"So I will quickly introduce you and then we will start the lesson, so don't ask if anybody has questions, they can ask you in the breaks." she said and we both nodded. She opened the door and walked in, me and Luke following behind her. The class directly went silent and all eyes were on me again. I scanned the crowd. Well as I said I knew everyone and I saw some smile at me warmly, so soon a small smile found it's way to my lips. "So  this are Luke and Lia. They both are attending this school from today on. If you have questions, ask them, but in the breaks and not my lesson."

Luke and me sat down quickly and put our notebooks out. We were sitting in the back so I looked around and noticed a lot of actors. Miranda Cosgrove, Jenette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Victoria Justice, Avan Jogia and many more.

"Lia." Mrs Darbus said and I was pulled out of my thoughts. "Yes ma'am?" I asked and she looked the blackboards.

Intrigue and  Love

Oh my god not again. We just talked about that Drama in germany. "Could you tell me what the book is about?" she asked me. 

"First things first, Its not a book, It's a Drama and a great feat of german literature. It's written by Friedrich Schiller in 1784 and is a 5-act-play. It's about the civil Luise Miller and her love to Prince Ferdinand von Walter, who is the son of the president. Luise's father is against the relationship between the two and so is president von Walter. Wurm, who is like the secretary of the president loves Luise and  makes a plan. He wants Ferdinand to marry Lady Milford, but Ferdinand disagrees. Wurm lets Luise write a letter to her dad, who is in prison, in which she 'admits her love for the'  Hofmraschall von  Kalb. Ferdinand reads the letter and is very angry about it and then in the end he kills Luise with toxin and also kills himself, but forgives his father for everything that he has done." I told her and the class and she was obviously impressed by what I said but she seemed also mad, because I could tell her so much about the drama.

We worked on the literature the whole period and when the bell rang, Luke rushed to my side. "Wow didn't know you have so much knowledge." he said impressed and I laughed. "Well I also had school in Germany." I laughed. As we wanted to leave miss Darbus stopped us. "Miss Tomlinson, I'm impressed. I heard you were really good at school, but I didn't expect that. You are much better than your brother was." she complimented. "Well my brother is as intelligent as I am, he is just really lazy." I defended my brother and she nodded.

The rest of the day went quickly, Maths, English, Spanish and then finally we could go home. I felt really good when me and Luke were in the Villa again. Not a single rude comment today and also no beatings. I knew from beginning this school would be different and no one would care that I am smarter than others. 

Finally I could say: Today was different. It was not the same. Today was better.