Chapter 42

When me and Jake walked into the school building I could feel everyone's eyes gluing on me. "Jake why are they all looking at me?" I asked my brother quietly, trying to avoid all the gazes. "I guess they all thought you would stay in New York, as you met you family again. When the media saw you and Danny together in New York they made a big deal about it here. You in New York was topic number one here in school and I guess now that you're back they're somehow...surprised?!" He told me and I looked at the floor. While Jake went to his first class I went to the headmasters office.

"Hey Mr. F" I greeted him smiling as I sat down on the chair in front of him. "Hello Lia. It's nice to see you again. But may I ask, why are you here and not with your family?" he asked and looked pretty puzzled. "Well.."I started and thought of what I could say" my brother already told me that rumour has it I would stay there, but actually I was just on a kind of holiday." I said and he looked satisfied. "Sounds great. I also heard you sold out Madison Square Garden multiple times."  Mr. Franklin said. "I did yes. But now let's come to why I am actually here. I would like to attend classes again if that's possible." I told him and he nodded. "Of course you can, I mean you have never been deregistered.

I frowned. My parents didn't deregistrated me? Well whatever. "Okay fine, then I better go because class starts in 5 minutes and I have to grab my things from my locker." I said and he nodded. We shook hands and then I left.

On the way to my locker I met my bully again. Jennifer.

"Oh look who's back. The world biggest slut." she said and turned to her clique who just laughed. "What do you want?" I asked quietly. She turned on her heels and walked forward until her face was just inches away from mine. "I wanna know how you even dare to come back to Germany. You're a shame and just a huge embarrassment for the whole world. I think Taylor Swift made a good point at your concert. I totally agreed with every single word she said. You should finally hang yourself or something you worthless little whore." she yelled into my face and then turned and left with her gang.

My head lowered and my eyes wandered to the floor. I began shaking. I let a tear roll down my face. The bell rang. Quickly I grabbed all the things in my locker and went to my class. As I walked in I quickly said sorry and sat down next to Jake, who made sure to keep free the seat next to him.

My head lowered again and I looked at my hands. "Are you okay?" Jake whispered in my ear concerned. "Yes." I smiled and integrated myself into the lesson.

The day included a lot more insults and also punches and kicks. The hopes I had this morning, that it would have changed were all washed away. It was just the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*6 weeks later*

SO everything was pretty much the same the last six weeks.  I got called names everyday, I got punched, I got kicked, slapped, just everything that can give a human being pain. I still didn't talk to Zayn, but me and Ashton talked everyday. I cried myself to sleep every night, I even started cutting again.

Depression took over me again and I was more than just back to where I was before I left to London to live with Zayn. 

I lost loads of weight again, my skin paler than ever, my arms covered with scars. My eye rings were bigger than a car's wheel and I was totally overtired from the constant crying at night. 

As I walked through the city I bumped into someone. "Sorry." I said, not paying attention and just walked on. "Wait." the someone called after me. I stood still. That voice, I know this voice. Slowly I turned around and looked at who just called me.

It was Zayn and he looked at me concerned. "L-Lia?" he stuttered. I scoffed. "The one and only..yet." I smiled sarcastically and then just stood there emotionless, looking at Zayn as he scanned me rom head to toe. The look on his face practically screamed 'What have I done?' I looked at the floor and sighed. After that I turned around and continued to walk towards the bus stop so I could finally drive home.

"WAIT LIA!" he yelled and I turned around again. I already felt the tears in my eyes, even though I didn't have any particular reason to cry. "WHAT ZAYN; WHAT? WHAT DO YOU WANT? CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE? I think you have done enough already." I screamed at first but got more quiet with every word I spoke. By now the tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"Lia, I'm sorry about what happened, I just thought that.." he started but I interrupted him. "YOu thought what? Sending me back to hell would help that I finally follow your instructions? Zayn how dumb do you think am I?" I cried. "Lia I never thought you were dumb! You are  the smartest person I know. Listen, I am sorry about everything that happened. I am here to get you and take you home." Zayn said and walked towards me, putting his hand onto my shoulder.

"Answer me one question. Why?" I asked him and he looked at me confused. "Why what?" he asked.

"Why are you doing all of this to me? You know how much of a fucking hell this here is, you know in how much pain I am everyday, you know every single detail about what they did to me and yet you still sent me back here. JUST TELL ME WHY?" I yelled the last question.

"I don't know. I was so angry in the moment when I heard that with Ashton and you and the first thing I thought of just to scare you was to sent you back here, but I never thought I would really do it. I am sorry Lia, for everything that happened and I promise this will never happen again." He told me with tears in his eyes.

"You are right, this will never happen again, because I am done with you." I said and turned around. "What do you mean?" he asked worried. "I said I.Am.Done.With.You. I won't come home with you. You are also not part of my family anymore. YOU are dead for me." I said monotone.  I heard him trying to speak up several times but as he couldn't find any word I thought it was times for me to leave.

"If you won't come for me, then do it for Ashton." he yelled after me and I turned again. "What do you mean do it for Ashton?" I asked him. He looked at me studying my face. "He's been a mess since you are away. He barely eats, he never leaves his room and I am sure as hell he cuts. He needs you and I can see that you need him. Please come home with me, even if you just come for him." Zayn explained and I nodded. 
"Okay. I will come along, but only for Ashton. And don't you dare talking to me unless  ask you something." I threatened and he nodded.

"One last thing." he said and I rolled my eyes, but gestured for him to go on anyways. "Show me your wrists." he demanded and I went whiter then I already was probably. I showed him and he scanned over all the fresh cuts. The tears in his eyes were back again. I quickly pulled down the sleeves of my jacket and dragged him to his car with me.

We drove to my house, I packed my things, said everyone goodbye and soon we were sitting on the plane on our way to New York. The whole time I thought about what Zayn said about Ashton and me. So was he finally fine with  me and Ashton dating or was he just joking on everything to get me to come along with him.  I thought more about it until I eventually fell asleep. Zayn woke me up when we landed. We got everything and drove into town.

We haven't talked since I had shown him my wrists. I was lookig out of the window, observing all the bright lights that New York only showed when it was dark.That city definitely never slept, there is always something going on.

We parked in the garage under the Villa. I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the door to get out. I grabbed my luggage and was about to walk up the stairs when Zayn stopped me. "The boys aren't home yet, They are at Louis' at the NYPD, they think I am L.A. o they don't know I went to get you." he told me and I just nodded.

I went upstairs and threw my things on the bed. After I put everything into the closet again again I walked out of the room and was just on top of the stairs when the front door opened and 7 boys stood there with opened mouths, not believing what they are seeing.Ashton made it's way froward and stopped as he was a few meters away from the boys.

"Lia." he said quietly.

"Hey." I said and smiled lightly.