Chapter 23: Ambushed

Unknown POV

Damn, she looked so gorgeous when she smiled. The way her eyes wrinkled at the corners and how her nose would scrunch. Her laugh was like music blessing my ears. Though I couldn't hear it from my position, I could imagine it sounding like heaven.

I can't wait much longer. I need her. I need her now.

I moved my rifle to point at Enzo, ready to eliminate him once and for all. After he's gone, my princess and I could finally get the life we deserve.

My finger on the trigger about to shoot when he spun her around in his arms, kissing her deeply. With boiling blood I waited for him to move to where I could get a clear shot at him and not hit my princess.

Finally, he was somewhat in a position I could shoot him.

One.

Two.

Three.

BANG!

Sh*t! I missed!

I watched as he grabbed her and ran for cover, taking his own gun out. Men heavily armed ran from all directions, scoping the place out and trying to find where the shot came from.

"Sorry, my love. I'll have to save you some other time," with that, I slipped away into the darkness, already planning my next attack. Ha, they wont even see it coming!

Third Person POV

Enzo carried Jane away to  the closest room, which was a coat closet. He grabbed his gun ready to kill whoever the little sh*t was that could've hurt his Jane.

"Stay here and don't come out until I come and get you."

"No, Enzo, please don't  leave me!" 

She held onto his hand for dear life, eyes pleading with him to stay. As much as he wanted to stay with her and keep her safe, he knew that she would be much safer in the closet than with him.

"Janie, I can't risk you getting hurt. I need you to stay right here," his large hands held her face, begging her to listen to him. "please."

Jane's body was shaking and tears were streaming down her cheeks. Seeing this broke Enzo's heart. But he had to stay strong, this was her life at stake.

"Please, Janie?"

With a small nod of her head, Enzo leaned down to kiss her lips. A silent act of gratitude and affection.

"Don't come out," his stern demand was the last thing said before he closed the door, leaving her alone in darkness to worry herself to death on whether or not he was okay.

-30 minutes later-

Jane was sitting on the floor of the closet with her back resting against the wall. She could hear men yelling in Italian and boots beating the floor as the ran. Oh how badly did she want to come out and see what was going on, to see if he was alright.

She remembered earlier in the night when Enzo had told her that he loved her. How her knees felt weak and she felt as though she were floating on a cloud. It all felt like a dream. A dream she never wanted to wake up from.

Jane was so lost in her thoughts that she failed to notice the deafening silence that creeped throughout the estate. Not a sound to be heard.

Nothing.

Just then, footsteps sounded. They were heading straight for the coat closet. She scooted herself farther behind the coats hoping to hide herself. She held her breath as the persons shadow appeared beneath the door. Jane closed her eyes tight.

The knob jiggled before the door swung open.
She could hear the person's movement hesitate.

Hands grabbed her by the waist and pulled her out of the closet. She screamed aloud and tried to break free from their grasp.

"Hey, hey, it's me!" Calming down once hearing his voice "it's me. It's alright."

Enzo brushed some hair that had fallen into her eyes away and behind her ear. She breathed a sigh of relief seeing him perfectly fine and without a scratch.

"Don't you ever leave me like that again!"

He smiled and kissed her, "I promise."

He led her to the living room and sat her on the sofa before joining her. "So, what was that all about?"

He sighed, "I'm not sure. The shot came from somewhere in the east but unless they climbed a tree no one can shoot passed the fence."

"Do you have any idea who it could be?" She asked.

"No, I do not."

"But I promise you, I won't let anyone hurt you. Okay?"

Jane nodded, "I know."

—————————————-

Whhhattttt!!??? Two chapters in one day!? I can't believe it!

Thank you all soooo much for your patience and your reads. I know I'm a slow updater but I do appreciate you all sticking around!