Chapter 26: First Fight pt 3

I would like to apologize for, once again, being MIA. I planned to get this chapter out much sooner but I ended up getting so busy all at once. Please forgive me! However, you guys will be pleased to know that this is a very long chapter that has a lot of emotion in it. So grab your tissues and get to reading!

Recap:

Jane was about to close Enzo's nightstand when something in the drawer caught her eye. A small photo of Enzo and a woman. She had a petite body that fit perfectly into a red sundress. Her beautiful brunette hair, combed with honey highlights. A bright, twinkling smile accompanied her hazel eyes.

She was beautiful.

And Enzo. He looked happy. Happier than she'd ever seen him. His eyes wrinkled at the corners with a slight scrunch of his nose. His shoulders appeared to be sagged and relaxed. Enzo's arm wrapped around the woman's waist as he kissed her cheek. This must be Eliana.

It doesn't take a genius to look at this picture and see that they're in love. Though his eyes were closed, she could see in the tender hold he had on her.

Jane felt a wave of sadness rush through her. Who was she kidding? She could never compete with her! Enzo could never love her the same way he loved this woman. His first love, no doubt. And she knew all about first loves. Never could she stop loving Enzo, no matter what.

A stray tear fell down to the tip of her nose. Watching as if landed on the photograph, Jane felt her heart break.

                                          •••

Enzo paced back and forth in his office.
He'd finally put his pride aside and actually listed to Alessandro's advice; he was going to apologize.

He couldn't remember the last time he formerly apologized to someone. She used to make him do it all the time. But, of course, after she left he found no need to do so anymore.

Enzo shook his head not wanting to think about her right now. He had more serious matters on his mind. Such as, getting back on his girlfriends good side. He promised, he wasn't going to sleep until she forgave him.

He is willing to do whatever it takes.

                                  •••

"Jane!" Matteo shouted as he helped her up from the floor. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she kept her face toward the floor trying to hide her tear stained cheeks. After she found the photo in Enzo's room, she became so overwhelmed with emotions that she had to get some fresh air. Unfortunately, on her way, she ran into Matteo. Which brings us to the present.

"Are you sure? Jane why were you running?" He inquired.

Crap! She couldn't tell him the real reason why. Her mother always told her, "Never let anyone see you cry."

"Uhh, I was... going to catch the golden hour," she quickly conjured an excuse.

"Really? I love golden hour!"