Chapter 3

Such lovely music...

(Y/N) blinked a few times as the odd smell faded, along with the music. She looked around, then back at the letter in her hand.

"Derry..? Oh! Derry! That'd be a great place to find inspiration for this new book!" She smiled, ideas flowing in her mind. A detective story set in a small town.. How quaint.. Who wouldn't like it? The next Sherlock Holmes.

Though the fact that the note didn't have a return address was a bit weird, (Y/N) figured it was an old friend. Perhaps one of the few people that she had grown close to in high school. She knew most of her high school classmates still lived in Derry.

It was perfectly logical to her.

She stared at the letter again for a few moments. The writing was so mesmerizing.. So weirdly fascinating. And, of course, professionally well done. "Someone must've found a really nice hobby.." she muttered, then laughed as she placed the letter on her desk and got up to go to bed.

It was late. She needed rest if she was going to Derry. From what she remembered, that town could be very overwhelming.

-------------------------------------------

Two days later, (Y/N) found herself getting on a plane to her hometown. She had packed enough clothes for a week, just in case she met other old friends. It would be nice. She'd have fun, plus, it was a break from writing. All she needed to do was come up with fresh ideas.

She didn't want her book having the same criticism as Denbrough's. At least SHE could write a decent ending.

With that thought in mind, she found her seat, carrying her purse((which was really one of those small backpacks you can buy at Mal-Wart))along with her. A smile spread across her face.

(Y/N) was excited. Not because she was happy about finding a decent plot for her book, but because she was visiting an important part of her childhood. A place where she graduated, the place where her brother had accidentally fallen into the river. It was quite hilarious..

In just a few hours, she'd be back in her old, hilarious high school days. It would be like it was 10 years ago.

-----------------------------------------------

(Y/N) arrived at her hotel room with a smile, placing her bags on the floor next to the bed and taking off her jacket. It was great. Refreshing. Funnily enough, it was exact room she had stayed in after some weird innocent that happened to her a long time ago. She couldn't quite remember what happened, but she remembered laying in that bed, scared and shaky.

Weird..

She shrugged, sitting on the bed and pulling the note from her jeans pocket. She ran her finger along the words, smiling. Perhaps it was from one of her past crushes..

She sighed at the thought, flopping back on the bed and staring at the ceiling. The intricate swirls in plaster reminded her of the night sky. She remembered looking up at the night sky, many years ago, from her backyard in her old house. Her father didn't live there anymore. He was off somewhere in Oregon, only visiting her on holidays.

Closing her eyes, (Y/N) recalled all of her wonderful memories. Like the time she and her brother had explored the closed down arcade and movie theater. They had run into a cat, thinking it was a monster, and didn't sleep for two days after that.

Or the time she and three friends had spent the night with a group of kids in their clubhouse. It was so fun. Though, she did wake up with a spider in her hair. She should've listened to the Uris kid.

(Y/N) smiled, feeling warm and happy inside. It was great to be back. Derry held some great memories.

But.. Something felt off..

She felt like she couldn't remember something. A lot of somethings. She couldn't remember why she was so scared all those years ago. Why was she so afraid? What happened?

She forced herself to think harder. She searched and scanned her memories. It was so strange.. She remembered meeting a group of kids, but didn't know how she met them. She didn't know their names, or if they really were friends or not.

She sighed, shaking her head, opening her eyes and staring at the ceiling again. A creak near the door brought her back to the reality. She looked up, only to see nothing but the rest of the hotel room. No matter. It was probably just someone walking by her room.

She yawned and got up, walking towards the door and looking out the peep hole.

A red balloon floated in front of her door.