Part 10

I smirked, trying my best to appear composed. Stepping closer, I reached for his shower gel, fully aware of his eyes on my unclothed body."Are you here to tease me even more?" He tilted his head slightly, giving me an absolutely endearing look that made me bite my lip. "I would never." I put on a fake look of offense, causing James to roll his eyes and drop his head back, gazing upwards.Taking advantage of his distraction, I placed my hands on his chest and let them glide down his well-defined muscles. A deep growl emanated from him as his eyes followed my movements. He caught my wrists as my hands reached his waist."Quit playing games, Natalia." His gaze was intense, though I sensed he was reaching his breaking point. "I'm not playing...""Then why are you here?""Oh God, I mean, I know you're quite old, but how much more obvious do I need to be in asking you to sleep with me? Or do you actually want me to beg?" I arched an eyebrow, awaiting his reaction.His jaw tightened, tension rippling through his body as my fingers traced his shoulders and tangled in his damp hair. I stood on my toes to bring myself closer to his face. My lips brushed against his, yet I hesitated to make a move."Talia...""Please... I want you." I whispered, gently brushing his lips with mine in a soft kiss. He didn't respond, not even an attempt. Doubt started to creep in, wondering if I still held the same power over him as before. I pulled away."Natalia...""You don't desire me?""Are you certain?" His piercing blue eyes bore into me, igniting a fresh surge of heat throughout my body."Please... Sergeant Barnes." I nodded, and that seemed to be all the assurance he needed.He crashed his lips onto mine, pressing me against the wall. The familiar metal of his arm encircled my waist as he lifted me off the ground. My legs wrapped around his hips, and a moan of intense pleasure escaped me as his kisses trailed down my neck.I hadn't realized how much I missed his touch against my skin, how his lips felt against mine, and his body molded to mine. I hadn't recognized how much I yearned for the pleasure he alone could provide, something that nobody else could replicate.He made me moan and cry out in the shower. He made me plead for more when we found our way to his bed. And the last thing I remembered before my fatigued eyes closed was his kiss on my cheek and his whispered goodnight.

***

I woke up in confusion at first, until I recalled my surroundings. A smile curled on my lips as I felt his warm chest snug against my back.I couldn't recall the last time I felt so content, like last night... ever. We had engaged in intimacy before, and it had always been amazing. Yet, most of the time, it was rushed or we were constantly looking over our shoulders, hoping not to be discovered. It's hard to savor the moment when your every move is filled with concern. But last night had been different. Words can't accurately capture the fluttering feeling in my stomach, like countless butterflies fluttering within. It's strange.I turned around gently, even though he maintained his grip on me. I couldn't stop my smile as I observed his peaceful slumber. I carefully brushed a few strands of hair away from his face, and he shifted slightly in his sleep."Hmm..." He moved slightly, pulling me closer, his gorgeous eyes still closed in his half-asleep state."Rest, Soldier." I leaned in to peck his lips and, amidst his obvious disapproval, I left his bed.The t-shirt I had left in the bathroom the previous night was damp, so I left it to dry and borrowed one from James before heading back to my room.With a final glance at the sleeping James, I opened the bedroom door, only to find Steve right behind it. A sense of déjà vu washed over me as I noticed his poised hand, as if he was about to knock. However, we both froze upon seeing each other.I gently nudged Steve, causing him to take a step back as I closed the door behind me."He's asleep, probably for the first time this week. You're welcome." I rapidly delivered my explanation, poised to depart."But... I... We... Um... Did you... Bucky's shirt?" Steve's face was an amalgamation of embarrassment, shock, and confusion."Do you truly want to know how I got him to sleep, Rogers?" I raised an eyebrow, and Steve's face turned an even deeper shade of red."No." But I was confident he understood.