Part 14

"Thanks, but I totally got this." I point in a dead guy.
"Stop talking and start moving quicker, more unfriendly guys coming this way." He quickly says and shot another guy that appear from nowhere.

"Кто ты? Мы не будем двигать детей, если вы ..." (Who are you? We won't move kids if you...) One of the doctors stopped others moving the kids when he witnesses a scene in front of us with two dead guards under our feet.
James just put his emotionless Soldier face on and point a gun between doctors eyes.
Poor man faces groove white than his coat, and he starts backing off again and told everyone to keep going.
Everyone seemed to speed up their steps, and I heard a few scared whispers between them about the infamous Winter Soldier himself.
He totally scared the shit out of them just by the look. How many can say they do that!

"Guys! They start shooting at us. I don't think our cover is working anymore!" Sam shout it at my ear making me want to rip that thing out, but now we wait of Caps instructions accept it was quiet. "Cap, what are we doing?" Sam asked but still have no answer.
"Rogers?" I also met with silence.
"Anyone have eyes on Steve?" James asked, taking down a few more men while I keep rushing kids and doctors to move.
"I can see him outside. He doesn't seem to be moving! Should I come in?" Wanda asked, and James and I shared a look.
I give him a nod to take over since I have no idea how to lead a team. Never really was a team player before Avengers so I wasn't planning to make a call.

He took a deep breath and cursed a couple of times under his breath before speaking up. "Wanda, get in. Make sure those trucks still can leave. Sam, get Steves sorry ass out of here." James orders it.
"On it." Sam instantly replay.
"Sam, Steve is at the right entrance. I'm in." Wanda also said while James again saves me from the bullet.

I don't even have time to react anymore. My priority was now to get all the kids out, and I don't even bother about things around me since I knew James got my back.

It wasn't smooth, but it worked out, and we made it—all the kids left in the parking lot where Nick Fury was already waiting with local police. James and I made sure all psycho doctors and bosses were locked inside the building before we got at quinjet and when we were at safe distance James fire grenade launcher at the stack of explosion equipment setting all the base on fire and knocked to the ground.

***

Idiot Rogers got shot. Only in the side and bullet got all the way thru, but force makes him out of balance then he fall and knocked his head and pass out. Since "cool dude" doesn't wear his helmet any more.
He wakes up not long after Sam got him and wasn't actually that much hurt.
I made fun of him being too cool now to put his growing hair under the helmet anymore, as I try to lift a spirit.
Wanda find it funny, and Steve even agreed he been an idiot, but that doesn't help for freaked out Sam. And James literally doesn't say a word since we got in the air. Just sulked at the corner, blaming himself from coming with a plan.

"Buck, stop it. None of this is your fault. The plan was great we did it when we weren't sure we would be able to do that when we got there if it wasn't for you who knows what would happen for those kids. Now they will be able to go back to there families. And it's my own fault I wasn't careful. This job is risky every time. Come on, man." Steve tries to reach to touch his friend but James stiff away. "And Sam said what you did back there. I'm very proud of you taking over. I know you can do it." Steve smiled at him, and James faked half-smile too before going to sulk at another corner where Steve won't be able to see him.

I wanted to talk with him. But wasn't sure if I have anything more to say then Steve did so I left him alone. I wasn't even sure that is the only reason James was so upset, for Steve getting hit. Maybe I was wrong, and he wasn't ready to be back to the game yet. Not at that speed at least.