Part 25

My eyes widen when I see that he is not joking. So I jump in front of him with my hands on his chest, blocking his way.
"Relax papa bear. They are teenagers, that's what they do. You lucky they only kissing." That was a bad joke, and I soon realise it from the look on James' face that made me shiver.

Suppose I wouldn't know him better. Right about now, I would be running in the opposite direction. When these clear blue eyes darken like that, is when you know you are screwed.
"What's up, guys?" While I try to keep James calm, we didn't notice Lily coming to us.

"What the hell was that?" James points to the boy that now left while growling like a damn wolf.
"My boyfriend." Lily casually shrugs. And I would be having happy dance now if I didn't need to hold her father still.
"Your what?!"
"James, seriously sit down before you have a heart attack." I try to push him back to the seat, but he didn't even budge.

"She is a kid!" He now growls at me too.
"A kid?!" Lily gasps loudly "Mom had me when she was sixteen!" She spits up, angry and shut us all up for a minute.
"In your face," I mumble to James and Lily stormed inside slamming the doors hard.
James was about to go after her, but I dug my heels to the floor and pushed him back.

"Seriously James, sit down and breath. Do your homework, and I will talk to Lily about that attitude." From his facial expression, I could tell he wanted to argue, but now I give him one of my looks. That pretty much said: say one more word, and we are going to war.
Thankfully it works, and he only mumbles something under his breath in a language I didn't know as he got back to his set picking one of the files to keep him busy.

I was left only to roll my eyes. Who knew James could be so over the top because Lily has a boyfriend? About which I'm dying to learn more.

***

"I come in peace." I peek my head through her bedroom doors, waiving white napkin that I grab on the way.
"Are you going to tell me I'm a kid too? If so, you can leave now." She sat on her bed with a hands cross on her chest. Wearing an angry expression on her face, but I could tell she just wiped off some tears.

"Look I don't know what kind of dark spirit possessed your father, but for what it's worth, I think you looked adorable with that boy. Want to tell me a little bit about him?" I watch relief wash over her face.
I know Lily has been with us for some time now and we are trying our best to assure her we love her just the way she is. But I recognise that look that I was wearing myself for so many years. When you try to do everything to fit in, because you're too scared, people won't like you.

"You're not mad?" She bits her lip nervously as she looks up at me with her father's eyes.
"Mad? About what? I'm so excited, I love boy talk and believe me when I say; working with men for most of your life, you don't do much of that." She giggles and I see her guards going down again.
"Are you going to tell dad about it?"
"When he will chill his tits, everything I'm going to tell him is to piss off of your love life because it's not his Goddamn business." We both laugh, and I took Lilly's invitation when she tapped on her bed.

***

"And so he starts carrying my bag in school and offer to walk me home even tho he lives like at the opposite side. I think it is cheesy, but I kind of like it. It is cheesy?"
"I mean yeah, but what girl doesn't like it? Men can be stupid, but he tries so appreciate boys effort. Plus that's cute." I assure Lily as we sit on her bed with a tub of ice-cream each.
"I'm sorry for what I said earlier." I pull my eyebrows together when Lily puts her spoon down, and I can see her guilt.
"For what?"
"When I got mad at dad calling me a kid and throw-in that you got me at my age."
"That was good tho." I pointed with a giggle. But that didn't help easier her.