Part 13

"What about kids inside?"
"Let us take care of it. Now you were not working alone. We can keep kids safe. Do what you are good at and learn to live with it, soldier." I knew I give him things to rethink in his head, so I stand on my tiptoes and apply soft kiss on his lips before leaving him with his mind.

We so drained that Sam, Steve and Wanda all got out like lights as soon as they got in beds. Yet, I couldn't sleep no matter how tired I was. I felt a bit bad for what I say to James and was thinking maybe I have been too harsh on him. Calling him dangerous and saying that we are only good at killing, but Steve was always walking around James on his tiptoes. I feel it that at the moment he needs that push, that he needed to hear that is tough shit but he needs to put himself together if not for himself then for those that he can potentially save.

Still, even though I knew he needed to hear it, that doesn't mean it was easy for me to say.
I quietly crawl of my bed and wrap myself in the warm blanket as I got out looking for James. To find him exactly where I left it.

He was sitting on the edge of the roof with his legs playing over 30 feet of nothing till the ground.
"I hope your solution isn't to jump," I speak up to make sure he knows about my present even tho I'm sure he probably heard me leaving the room two floors down.
"Unfortunately that won't kill me. I jump for way higher things before." He smirked when I sit next to him.
"Well, good, because I'm come to say sorry... Didn't mean to be so hash earlier." He laughed again just a tiny bit louder this time as a smile appears on that gorgeous face.

"What are you laughing for? I'm seriously felt a tiny bit bad."
"Natalia, I would never have thought you apologise for anything you say."
" I don't, and you know that, so appreciate my effort, because I really feel a bit bad."
"You are right, tho. Which sucks, really, but you're right. The last thing I can do now is to help it to you guys at least save someone, and I won't be able to do that hiding in Wakanda." I carefully look up to him from my long eyelashes blinking couple times making sure I heard him right.

"Ok, so we agree on something. So what's next Sergeant? What's the plan..?" He just looked up at me with a smirk on his face, and I knew my boy is back.

***

"Wait for a second! Time out! Do you actually want to go there? You know that is out of quinjet. Like outside, where other people are?" Sam still shakes his head in disbelief since me and James bust in with a plan at early hours of the morning.
"Sometimes, I wonder how dumb you are? But your stupidity doesn't seem to have limits. Yes, Wilson, I'm aware of where it is, and I'm going to help." James rolled his eyes at Sam, who still couldn't wrap his head at sudden changes that happen through the night.

"I have to admit it's a pretty good plan if everyone up for it?" Steve nod agreeing with the idea infiltrate in the base and take it from inside.
"It just makes sense, since they are waiting for us to attack as we did with the first two, they put more guards around the building so we won't get close, but if we can get in, it's way fewer people take out for us in there. And will be so much easier to leave just under there noises." I care it on explaining and pointing at the map around the base where guards are placed.

"I'm thrilled you want to help Buck, but who made you change your mind?" Steve put a hand on his friend's shoulder but quickly realise how instantly tense he becomes when anyone touches him. So he was moving his hand away again when James turned to him with a smirk.
"Because Nat, gives really horrible pep talks and have bigger balls than you." He shrugs his shoulders, making a dumb face, and I heard Wanda giggle and Sam gasp, but I bit my lip, trying to prevent myself from laughing out loud when I saw Steves face.