Part 15

He was back. The perfect soldier that Hydra so wanted. But you couldn't mix him to the Winter Soldier. He is not him anymore. Oh no... He makes his own decisions. That sometimes drives Steve mad, that now I'm not the only one doing that, but he admitted himself it most of Bucky he been in decades. And it's all fun as we know the limits.
We won't just randomly dismiss Captain's orders, but we don't depend on them. James proved over and over again that he is more than capable of making choices himself and in so, it makes him feel freer than ever.

We come back at being the best team, and Steve saw that too, now constantly paring us together for a mission.
And he does that without any further information about mine and James still a very complicated relationship. Wanda used her knowledge into blackmailing us now. Witch I'm would be proud if it weren't used against me.
James and I help her convince Steve that she will be fine off with Vision for a while. I mean I support young love, but in different circumstances, I would agree with Steve that is very dangerous. Yet who I'm kidding. I did more crazy things for James back in the day, and we weren't even in love... well I wasn't... (?) Right?

Speaking of which. There are days I would die for that man, and there are also times I want to cause of this death.
Nobody knows that well which buttons you need to press to piss me off, other then him and man oh man he use that knowledge well.
We fight and argue like nobody else, with death threats all the time. No surprises nobody even tho we could be something more.

But at the end of the day, he always was like some magnet that I couldn't resist. Tho he really was on his last cat life since yesterday when we got in the argument.

***

I don't sleep well that night and wake up tired this morning since I'm really missing James body next to mine, but in the cramped cheap hotel rooms, we stay most of the time it was no chance for us to sleep together and don't set any suspicion for the rest of the gang.
So not giving anything away to a team I act as usual.

We said our goodbyes to Wanda as we drop her off in Edinburgh to meet Vision as the rest of us have a simple mission to complete.
As now usual, Steve paired James and me together at witch I don't complain. And neater as he. Tho he was clearly a million miles away in his mind and barely even said a word.

He didn't pay much attention when Steve was breaking down the plan, but it wasn't something really new in there. So I just let that go.
Eventually, it was time for action. Steve and Sam left to the company to take over the building of the guy that was mine and James task.

I need to get hard drive from the dude that has some really shady business so can destroy his work and James have to be my backup if his bodyguard goes to action and I need to run.
Unfortunately, he decided not to go by the plan.
Men... So primitive.

***

I slipped an arm around the target's shoulders, whispering dirty things in his ear as I did for the past half an hour. He brushed his lips up to my neck, and I giggle, dropping my head to the side. Giving him more access while taking a hard drive from his inside pocket. And that's when I locked eyes with James thru targets shoulder.

"Боза мой" I whisper knowing just from his look, he is killing that man, and nobody gonna stop him.
Knowing that plan got thru the window, I push the man of me straight to angry James arms.
He caught him easy, gun pressed into his back and delivering one but effective and silently deadly shot. The music and chatter were too loud in the bar for anyone to notice the mans instant distress.
I still watch emotionlessly in disbelief at mans now bloody shirt for a second before helping James drag his dead body.
For the rest of the people in the bar, he looks just one of many drunk guys that need to be dragged to bed and James already quietly took his bodyguards before coming in.