Chapter Nine: James

Finally back! :) Forgive me if I mess anything up, I'm still getting used to the plot again... Enjoy!

------------

(James' POV)

I grunted as I continued to carry Seamus through the collapsed forest. The earthquake had really done a number on this place. 'I hope Aleks is okay..' I think to myself tensely, not wanting to hear the dreaded cannon that would signal of the death of one of my best friends.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as Seamus groaned weakly, blood drenching his shirt from where it spilled from his back. "James, accept it, I'm as good as dead." He rasped, closing his ice blue eyes.

"No." Was all I said, though the one word was wavering and quiet. Seamus was the smart one, without him, I'd die in seconds. "Don't you are leave me."

"Find Aleks." Seamus whispered, opening his eyes and keeping his expression neutral. He gave a few more shattered breaths before slumping in my arms, his life fading away.

The cannon sounded, and it was accompanied with an angry yell that tore from my throat.

I found a nice pine tree that had managed to survive the earthquake, laying the body of my friend next to it. I bend down and write shaky words in the dirt, promising a future that will never happen.

"I will kill you."

The words were directed at the ship that came to pick up the bodies, but I knew deep down that they would never see it. I feel my anger fade, replaced with sorrow and despair.

What would I do without my partner in crime? Pout until I die? Find Aleks, like he said? No, if Aleks cared, he would be here right now. He's probably dead.

A sudden realization dawned on me. There was no one left that would keep me from winning. I could survive, for Seamus. For The Creatures, I would take home victory.

I scuffed my foot through the words I made in the dirt before turning and strolling away confidently, the mace I got from Venom swinging in my hand. I took one last look over my shoulder, revelling in the anger of the words, and what they said now. I had smudged out a word with my foot, making the meaning even more sinister.

"I will kill."

---------

That chapter totally sucked aha sorry it's so short! Jon's chapter shall come up next, but I'm gonna have to re read a lot for that one! Stay classy, friends!