Back at the Cave

"Robin, pick up." Batman called from the communication in his ear. Damian ignored him.

Batman looked at Commissioner Gordon. "Gordon, I'm going back to the cave. GCPD can take over the night shift, right?"

Gordon nodded. "Everything alright?"

"It's my son." Batman growled.

"Kids." Commissioner Gordon sighed. "We'll be fine. Go back to your cave."

Alfred was in the Batcave with the boys. He was already aware that they chased after a drug transport van and ended up in the middle of a weapons deal. Tim stopped running on the treadmill and watched Dick walk in.

"Calling it a night already?" Tim asked.

Dick sighed. "I'll go back on patrol after I make sure those two are taken care of."

Jon was eating a granola bar at the table where Jason was getting a slash on his arm sutured.

"Well this is going to be interesting." Jason said. "Damian finally caught. It's been a while." He laughed.

Jon looked like he was going to cry. "I hope I don't get grounded."

Damian, who was playing with a knife, angrily threw it across the floor, stabbing a target on the wall of the other side. Dick walked over and took his mask off.

"Were you two serious?" Dick asked. "You broke, like, three rules."

"You made mistakes when you were Robin, too." Damian retorted.

"Yeah, but I didn't endanger other people." He said, looking at Jon who sat, slouched at the table.

Jon looked up. "It was my fault, too."

"Yeah?" Dick sighed. "Well D's been at this for a lot longer. He shouldn't make selfish mistakes."

Damian felt hurt. He only ever wanted to impress his older brother but he totally didn't do that.

The Cave's outside door opened and the Batmobile zoomed in and parked. The top opened.

"He looks mad." Jon said. "I can see with my super-vision."

"I can see it with regular-vision, dipshit."

Jon turned back to Damian. "S-h-i-t is a bad word." He frowned.

"Motherfucker." Damian muttered as his father came over.

"That's also a bad word." Jon whispered.

Damian looked at Jon. "Seriously? Now?"

"I'm not also getting in trouble for cursing."

Bruce pulled his cowl back. "Do you have any clue what time it is?"

"Two in the morning-" but was interrupted.

"It's two in the morning."

"Called it." He muttered.

"You are supposed to be back by midnight.You have school tomorrow and it's really hard to attend if you DIE."

Jon swallowed. "That's true." He looked away from Bruce's angry gaze.

Clark came down the elevator. "Sorry I'm late, Bruce."

Bruce looked at Clark. "It's okay. I'm only beginning."

"Christ." Damian muttered. He said a lot under his breath.

"Jon." Clark said, looking at his son.

Jon swallowed. "Hi, dad."

Clark looked at Bruce. "Bruce, a minute?"

They walked across the cave and talked.

"Psst." Damian whispered across the table. "What are they saying?"

"How should I know?"

"You have super-hearing, dumb ass."

"Language." Jason said as Alfred finished stitching up the cut on his shoulder.

"Like you're one to talk."

Their fathers came back. Now it was only the two of them.

"Boys." Bruce said. "What you did was not only wrong and dangerous, but absolutely violating to the rules given to you. For that reason, you are grounded from patrol for a month and until you can learn how to work together."

"But-" Jon started. "No 'but's' Jon. You're grounded at home, too."

Jon looked on the verge of tears.

"Furthermore, Damian-" Clark continued. "I think that you're a bad influence on Jon."

"No, dad-" Jon defended.

Damian felt his face burning up. "Sir, I would never-"

"I don't want to hear it. Jon, get dressed. You have school in a couple of hours."

"You too." Bruce said to Damian.

"Fine." Damian grumbled, following Jon to the locker room.