Visiting Smallville

The Kent family had moved to Metropolis for almost a year. It was late evening and Jon made it down to the Cave and shouted excitedly at Damian. He had received a sudden invitation.

"We're going to the farm!"

Damian took off his headphones. "What?"

"We're going back to Smallville!"

"And why are you saying we?"

Jon smiled. "Because you're coming with me."

"And why are we going back to the butt-fuck of nowhere?"

"Because my neighbor, Kathy, is turning 13. It's a surprise party!"

Damian frowned. "I hate surprises. Count me out."

Jon laughed. "But you hate everything."

Damian thought for a second and turned the chair back around. "Yes, I suppose I do."

"Great." Jon grinned. "We're leaving tomorrow morning at 7."

He jumped into a levitation and floated around the chair that Damian was sitting in, in front of the monitors. He was researching a particularly gruesome case of the Dollmaker, a mission Jon was instructed not to touch.

"Whatcha reading about?" Jon asked, now casually floating behind Damian's chair.

"The Dollmaker." Damian replied, busy messing with the buttons on the control to pull up extra data. "A twister serial abductor of children ages 4 to 8 from all across the east coast. Kills some."

"Okay." Jon said. "I don't really want to know any more."

"There's a reason you don't do everything I do. Powers or not, you're still a boy."

"I've lost most of my teeth." Jon offered.

"Congratulations." Damian turned off the monitor and turned around in the chair to look at Jon. "I'm going to retire for the night."

Jon followed Damian up the elevator. 

The next morning Clark came to the Manor. Jon threw Damian's door open. "Rise and shine! The early bird gets the worm, isn't that right ROBIN."

"Clever." Damian muttered. "Did you come up with that on your own?"

"Yes I did!" Jon beamed.

"Sarcasm." Damian groaned, sitting up. "I'm not a morning person."

"I know." Jon said. He looked at Damian who was now standing and stretching.

"Okay. I'm going to get dressed."

Jon headed out. He leaned back from the door frame. "Alfred is making breakfast."

"I'll be down in a minute."

True to his word, he was down in the dining room two minutes later.

"Good morning, Master Damian." Alfred greeted, setting down a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of fresh fruit.

"Good morning, Pennyworth."

Damian flooded his oatmeal with milk and brown sugar. Jon did so, too.

"Are you excited?" Jon asked, bouncing on the upholstered cushion of the rosewood chair of the Wayne Manor dining room set.

Damian sighed. "It's been a while since I've visited the farm." He thought. He might as well say something nice... he hadn't for a bit. "I would like to visit the animals."