A New Friendship is Born

A day had gone by after the incident of the Kyubi attack, having the people hold a funeral for those people who gave up their lives in protecting the village, others pay respect to the innocents that had gotten involved during the attack.

Y/N was standing in front of the memorial stone, seeing the names of Minato and Kushina engraved on it sent him on a downward spiral of emotions, this was the first time since he had left his town that he had lost someone again. He hasn't been getting some rest as he was thinking about his closest friends. He was wearing his formal clothing to give respect to them.

On his hand, there was a bundle of black colored blanket on him, in it was the first born child of Minato and Kushina, he took a good look at him for a little bit as he saw that Naruto was sleeping peacefully in his arms, all warm and cozy.

Sarutobi: Y/N, do you have a moment?

He asked as Y/N didn't turned around, he kept on looking the memorial stone as he speaks.

Y/N: What is it Sarutobi?

Sarutobi: This is about Naruto.

Y/N: I'll take care of him, Minato and Kushina entrusted him upon me.

He said as he was about to head back home with Naruto in his arms, until Sarutobi placed his hand on his shoulder, making Y/N turned towards him, meeting his gaze on him.

Y/N: Did I made myself clear Sarutobi, or are you just deaf?

Ninja: You have no right to--

Sarutobi: It's fine, look Y/N, I know this may have come into a shock to you, we all do. But, you need to understand, with your condition and the whole sealing thing, I don't think you are quite suitable for being Naruto's guardian.

He said as this infuriates Y/N even more, not wanting to make a scene as he walked up to Sarutobi and looked at him dead straight in his eyes.

Y/N: Then what are you proposing? I will not let him be put up for adoption. The last thing I would do is end myself if that happens.

Sarutobi: I am considering to take care of him until he grows at the age of 4, I will put him in the orphanage once he is at the right age.

Y/N: Then what happens? I'll just rest up and do nothing until Naruto grows up without knowing where are his parents are? Why there is no one there for him when he need it the most? That his uncle vanished out in thin air?

Sarutobi: I'll give him his own place when no one wants to take him in when he is older. I just don't want you to get close to the Kyubi or endanger yourself with it.

Y/N: Then you can forget this conversation happened, because I am not accepting the idea of it.

He said as a figure started to walk towards Y/N, wearing his signature mask as he was dressed in black clothing as well.

Kakashi: Y/N, it's best to listen to the Hokage.

Y/N: What are you talking about? Sarutobi? Hokage again?

Sarutobi: Yes, due to the passing of the Fourth Hokage, I was entrusted to be Hokage once again. Y/N this isn't an order from me, this is a request.

He said as the H/C haired male couldn't believed it, he looked at Naruto for the moment as he was in no place to question the authority of the Hokage. He had no choice but to do what he had said and gave Naruto to Sarutobi.

Y/N: If anything bad happens to him, I'm going to hunt you down and I'll kill you myself.

He said as he didn't wait for his answer as he walked away, feeling the guilt of leaving Naruto to Sarutobi as he went back to his apartment.