A Peek of the Future

As the sparring practice comes to an end, the students went on about their classes, mainly the basics of ninjutsu, the nature of chakras, and the life after the academy. As the last class was over, the class got a small break to get something to eat before heading back to their classes.

Naruto: Oi! Y/N!

The blond haired boy yelled as this caught Y/N's attention as he looks at him for a short while.

Y/N: What is it Naruto?

Naruto: I was wondering if you wanna get something to eat?

Y/N: Sure, I mean that is the purpose of a lunch break right?

Naruto: Sometimes I wonder, why are you acting that something is new for you ya know?

He said as he grinned and started to walk to the place where they are going to get some food as Y/N looked up for a bit and smiled.

Y/N: Guess he got your catchphrase Kushina.

Naruto: Hey Y/N! What are ya standing there for? The ramen is not good when it's cold!

Y/N: And your favoritism towards ramen.

He softly said as he turned his look towards Naruto as he chuckled for a little bit.

Y/N: Coming!

He yelled back as he soon followed his friend, clearly hungry from the first half of their class. He followed him close towards their destination, both of them knowing that the villagers they see kept on eye the both of you, mainly Naruto as they thought of seeing you with the blond haired boy was worrying, but Y/N didn't matter.

A couple of walks later, they reached the familiar ramen place as they went in, upon entering, the smell of the delicious ramen hit their noses as they find a spot towards the open bar stools.

Teuchi: Oh! Welcome boys! On a break?

Naruto: You know it old man! Can you give me the usual please?

Teuchi: Coming right up! How bout you Y/N? Same thing?

Y/N: Same thing as always.

He said as Teuchi nodded, heading towards the kitchen to cook up their orders as the both of them waited.

Naruto: So, have you thought about what are you going to do when we finished in the academy?

Y/N: I haven't really, I think we have a long way to go before we actually graduate. So, I have some time to think about it. How about you?

He asked as he wondered about his dream, of course, he was his guardian after all, but he is at least curious on what will be his dream.

Naruto: Heh! I'll be the greatest Hokage ever lived! I know it may be big, but I'll do everything I can to make it come true, so I won't get fun of the villagers anymore!

He said as he was quite surprised about it as Teuchi came back shortly with their order.

Teuchi: Here you go, one miso ramen with extra pork for Naruto, and one spicy ramen for Y/N.

He said as Naruto salivates at the tantalizing look of the ramen as Y/N just sighed and begins to eat his.

Naruto: Hey! No fair! What happened to admiring it first?

Y/N: As much as you love ramen more than my eating habits, we don't have that much time to relax. We need to get back to class.

Naruto: Man, you're no fun.

He said as he starts to eat his food as Y/N stayed quiet, remembering the times when him, Minato, and Kushina spent some time at the restaurant.

Naruto: You alright?

He asked as he noticed his friend suddenly went quiet, he doesn't know his backstory much, but he knew that he is always thinking about his parents, at least, that is what the H/C haired boy told him.

Y/N: Oh, it's nothing. Just thinking of some things.

Naruto: You know, thinking of something sad while eating really ruins an appetite.

Y/N: Ah, I guess you're right. Sorry to dampen the mood.

Naruto: It's fine, I'm just hear to listen whatever it is that is bugging you. I'm you're friend after all ya know.

He said as he winks at him for a bit, pointing his chopsticks towards his friend as he smiled.

Y/N: 'He is much like Minato.'

He thought as he let out a small chuckle and nodded as they continued to eat. A little moment later, both of them finished up with Y/N having to pay for their meal as the both of them went back to class.

The day resumed much like the same as they went and talked about more about being a ninja, this would make Y/N bored out of his mind as he listened, but he got quite some information after all.

The day ended with a tiring end as the students went to their separate ways, of course, having Naruto and Y/N walked together home was nothing new. Their apartments were quite close around the block as they said their goodbyes.

Y/N took his time to walk home after dropping Naruto off of his apartment, apparently he had some things to do. He sighed as he knew that he was going to be quite alone, but that is life, sometimes you have to toughen up for the people you care about.

Once he reached his apartment, he quickly went inside and decided to rest the day away, having to endure this kind of torture for 4 years is going to be one hectic ride, but he will just watch it unfold itself as he drifted off to sleep.

4 Years Later

The H/C haired boy now on his last year of his academy days was preparing himself, his clothes were still the same but it got bigger on his size as his hair was slowly growing out much like his adult version.

Y/N knew that the graduation exams were just a bit days away as he fixed himself up, walking out of his apartment as he decided to head to the academy.

"What will happen today?"