Can't stop the feeling. Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I don't own the picture above and have only done some basic editing.

The only audible noise throughout the room is my heavy breathing until two pairs of footsteps enter my hearing range. I look around the room for any signs but see no movement whatsoever.

Those are not my brothers' footsteps.

The footsteps get louder by the second and I crawl away from the door to the living room, hiding behind the arm of one of the couches. I peak from the edge to see the door opening slowly and fully hide behind the couch, trying to control my breathing as much as I can. I wrap my arms around my knees and look straight ahead, not wanting to make eye contact with whoever or whatever entered the room. Suddenly, I feel a shadow loom over me from above and, with wide eyes, I slowly look up to see a bright yellow eye staring back at me. Suddenly feeling the warmth of safety, I freely start breathing heavily and look back at the ground.

"There she is- wait, are you having a panic attack?" Shin jumps over the couch and in front of me to help me calm down by rubbing my upper arms. Soon after, Carla comes to stand beside Shin and looks down at me blankly as he pats my head slowly.

"I-I'm not one of your wolves, Carla." I mutter and look away as Shin smirks at my remark, looking up at Carla for a reaction right after.

"But you are part of my pack, aren't you?" He simply asks as I only roll my eyes at him, finally starting to calm down. I look back at the ground and continue breathing heavily, still at a comedown from the anxiety.

"Why were you having a panic attack, anyway?" Shin asks as he removes his hands from my arm and sits down in front of me while I shrug my shoulders, not quite knowing the answer myself. "I'll get you some water." He mutters and runs off to the kitchen while Carla and I are left alone in the room.

"How are you feeling?" He finally breaks the silence between us and I look up at him, unsure of how to answer the question.

"I honestly don't know. It's been a long time since I felt anything remotely close to what just happened." I would be lying if I said I was fine, but I didn't want to worry him with unnecessary details. He simply hums in response and looks around the room casually, confirming the end of our conversation.

"Is it because you were all alone?" He breaks the silence once again and looks back at me while I take in a sharp breath, which is enough of an answer for him since he nods and looks down at my twitching hands. He kneels down in front of me and holds my hands in his, warming them up as much as he can. "I don't see any reason for you to be scared anymore." He stares at my hands as the twitching slowly begins to fade away and I take a deep breath in at an attempt to calm myself. Soon after, Shin enters the room with a glass of water but notices my slightly shaky hands before helping me drink the water.

"Your brothers will be here soon so we should get going." Shin looks away, towards a window in the room and placed his hands on his hips. I look back up at him and remember the reason I had been searching the whole house for in the first place.

"It sounds like you know where they are?" My statement turns into a question as I wait for their response and wrap my arms around my knees.

"We are not sure. Just assuming- you, on the other hand, should get some rest." Shin pats my head and gives it a small rub while I sigh and look at the ground. "Plus, we can't stay even if we wanted: we have some business to attend to, don't we?" He looks at Carla with a small smirk rising onto his lips as he shoves his hands in the pockets of his pants. I, however, could only look at the both of them in confusion, not quite sure of the mysterious exchange they just shared.

"Okay?" My suspicious stare towards them continues while they finally glance back at me and start to bid me farewell. "You know you guys are being extremely weird right now, right?" I finally gain the strength to stand up properly and look straight ahead at them while all they do is shrug.

"We've always been like this, what are you talking about?" Shin shrugs again and starts walking towards the door with Carla following closely. I silently stare at their backs as they walk out without another word or glance at me, perhaps, afraid that I might end up asking them more questions. Once the only sound in the room is of my soft breathing, I take a deep breath and sigh to release any stress in my body. I look at the ground to see the glass Shin had poured me water in on the floor and pick it up to keep it in the kitchen. Another sigh escapes my lips as I place the glass in the sink but before I can completely exit the kitchen, the sound of gates closing echo throughout the mansion.

That sounded like it came from the living room. Who could it be, though?

Not wanting to risk any noise from me, I teleport to the entrance of the living room to see the once open door now closed. I tilt my head in confusion, properly remembering that the door was open when I left the room. Instead of opening the door, however, I teleport inside the room instantly, behind one of the couches to see none other than my own brothers standing in a semi-circle. My gaze instantly shifts to the limp body of a familiar female on another couch as the brothers silently stare at her form. 

"Okay, what is this occult crap?" I get up, knowing it is safe to, and walk towards them as their attention is instantly shifted from the unconscious girl to me. "Don't tell me you are going to make her float in the air like Kou tried to do with me a couple of days ago." I glance at Kou for a moment before turning my attention back to the girl. "No, seriously, what is going on here?"