Plan B? Chapter 13

Disclaimer: I don't own the picture above and have only done basic editing.

I snap out of my trance once the limo comes to a halt and the brothers begin to get out. It wasn't difficult to sense the tension between all of us as soon as we enter the house and it isn't difficult to guess why we all tense up right away.

"So, Kou was here, huh? I wonder why? Whatever could he want here, during school hours?" I exaggerate my movements as I continue walking further into the house and avoid eye contact with any of them. I start walking up the stairs when Yuma calls out, halting me in my tracks.

"What if we make it up to you, somehow? We could take you out to your favourite places? You could make some explosives and blast some areas in the city-"

"Are you insane?" Ruki cuts him off with a slightly raged voice and I turn around to see him looking at Yuma with wide and angry eyes. 

"There is one way." I begin to speak slowly as if pretending to think as I continue. "Yui comes to school, with us, tomorrow." Needless to say, their eyes widen in an instant and they share a few looks. Ruki looks up at me with an apologetic look and I begin speaking before he has a chance to counter-argue. "Look, this is your only chance to make it up, not only to me but to Yui as well. You have tormented her enough already and she deserves some experience outside of these walls for once."

"And what if she runs away?" Ruki brings the topic up and I scoff, turning my head away from him in slight arrogance.

"She had multiple chances to escape until now, has she done it? No. Will she do it now? I don't think so. So, what's the risk here? Minimal, if not none." I look at my nails as I wait for them to argue once again but when no one speaks, I assume victory. "Great, then. I'm excited to see her with us tomorrow." I fake a smile and start walking up, waiting for them to stop me but when they don't, I proudly walk up the stairs. 

Alright, now I have to inform Ayato about the change of plans. I can't wait to see the smile on Yui's face!

I go up to my room with the smile still plastered on my face as I take my phone out of my bag and instantly dial his number, only for it to ring continuously until it finally stops when Ayato doesn't answer. I try calling him again but when I don't get a response, I begin feeling uneasy as I walk around my room while trying to think of a way to let Ayato know.

You better call back soon, Ayato.

I look out my window, contemplating whether I should go to his house myself and tell him about the change in our plans, considering that it would be extremely risky since my brothers would get to know of my absence immediately. 

I am completely useless like this. I am always completely useless. 

I yell out in frustration and clutch my head as I sit on the bed for physical support. The door suddenly opens with a harsh swing and I jump up to see Ruki panting, as if he had been running, and looking around my room in a panic.

"Who is it? Who attacked you?" He walks into the room, his guard up as he grabs my ankles and swings my legs upwards to look under my bed, earning a shriek from me as my back touches the bed. 

"Ruki! What are you doing?!" I place my legs on the bed and sit up to see him look back at me. 

"What do you mean, "what am I doing"? Why were you yelling?!" He sits next to me as he waits for a response.

"What? Now I can't take my frustrations out in my own room?" Is all he gets. He sighs and rubs his temple while closing his eyes. After a while of silence, he lays himself down on the bed while facing the ceiling, making me turn to look at his face. "What is it?" I soften my voice to let him know that I am calm and willing to listen. 

"I'm sorry if we all have been douches, but I know it's only going to get worse." He turns his head away from me as he mutters the second half of his sentence. I tilt my head in confusion when he glances at me and sighs as if trying to hide his thoughts. "Not one of us is sensing any possibilities of being the Adam and if we don't find out soon enough, he might..." His hand runs across his forehead before massaging his temple as he closes his eyes, not finding any energy to continue speaking. 

"So... what are you trying to say? You'll kill her if one of you doesn't become the Adam? Send her back to the Sakamaki house?" I try to keep a neutral tone as to not voice my preference but when he looks at me with narrow eyes, I feel myself falter slightly. 

"I don't know," His gaze instantly turns towards the ceiling as he contemplates what he will have to do to make sure Yui belongs to one of the Mukamis. "I guess, you could try as well. You haven't even touched her." He looks at me with a small smirk forming on his face as I fake a laugh and turn away from him. 

"I'm not hurting her." I cross my arms and get off the bed, not wanting to continue this conversation anymore. "I'd rather her be happy. Don't you? I mean, what is the point of torturing an innocent girl like her the way you are?" I walk closer to my window and look back to see him sitting up on the bed with a frown.

"Look, you don't know what kind of pressure he is putting upon us. You think I want to manipulate that livestock and drag her around for who knows how long?" 

"You want my honest opinion? Yes, I do really think that." I place my hands on my waist and sigh as I turn away from him, not knowing how to continue the conversation. 

"Who were you trying to call?" My head turns in his direction instantly to see his face contorted in confusion. "Who's Mr. Oreo?" He waves the screen towards me and I take the phone away from him gently, as to not seem suspicious. 

"A teacher, obviously. For Yui's reference- she can go to him and ask him whatever questions she has." I smile lightly and keep my phone on the bedside table. Ruki sighs and gets up from my bed, starting to walk towards the door.

"Anyway, I have some work to do. Make sure to get enough sleep." He turns back to look at me but I only smirk.

"We don't technically need sleep, you know? I mean, some mortals, even, pull all-nighters." I shrug and plop down on my bed only to earn a small chuckle from Ruki before he exits the room. The small smile previously plastered on my face disappears as I lay down on the bed, slightly concerned about the conversation we just shared.

What is he going to do to her?