Need some space. Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I don't own the picture above and have only done basic editing.

After a painfully slow day, I finally sigh as I plop down on the seat in the car as we drive back home soon after. With worry clouding my mind constantly, I look out the window silently, not bothering to greet my brothers after the long day. Another sigh escapes my lips and I close my eyes, taking in the silence and tense atmosphere in the car.

"How was everyone's day?" Kou tries to chime in to reduce the tension in the air but when no one replies, I finally gain the energy to give a response as to not seem rude to my own brother.

"It was okay, Kou-kun. How was yours?" I straighten up and place my hands on my knees as he gives me a bright smile, making me relax instantly.

"It was great! I actually understood what we were doing today!" He chuckles lightly as I smile and shake my head.

"That's concerning," Yuma says and nudges Kou in the ribs, making him wince slightly while we all chuckle at the exchange. By the time our conversation dies down, we reach home and get out of the car to only be stopped by a sickeningly familiar scent. I instinctively growl with my teeth gritted as my narrow eyes gaze at the window to Azusa's room. "Let me check that." Yuma mutters and teleports away as we all stand outside, still, waiting for Yuma to come back and tell us what is going on.

"I can't believe he would do that. But, of course, he's no different from you, after all, Ruki-kun. None of you are different from those Sakamakis." I spit out in disgust and start walking towards the mansion without another look at them. "None of you understand what it's like." I mumble as tears start to prick my eyes, bringing a burning sensation with them. "You never will." I breathe out and open the main door, slamming it harshly behind me. With a deep breath, I compose myself before stomping over to my room, not wanting to see the horrible scene that had played out in Azusa's room. On the other hand, I couldn't possibly do anything after everything had already been done. For the time being, all I can do is sit in my room and hope that the situation will eventually get better.

After a long while of silence and waiting, however, I finally decide to step out of my room and the mansion to get some fresh air. Not only that, but I just wanted to get away from the brothers for a while, even if it meant them getting worried. I look up once I step out to see the sun rising over the horizon ever so gently. A smile forms on my lips subconsciously and I begin to walk out of the premises silently. 

"It may not be enough time, but I think you can find an opening during the boys' night tomorrow. Every single one of them will be too distracted to look at you." I look up to see the only friend I had made during my time in the dump-like abandoned village. He was pointing in the direction of a potential exit and then looks back at me to see my reaction.

"What about you?" I ask him as I clutch my knees closer to my chest. He, however, only shakes his head and looks back to the area he was living in. 

"I can't leave my mum and sister here. Don't worry about us, we all will find our way out soon enough. It's not like we will be stuck here forever." He smiles at me and gets up, patting me on the back in the process.  

"Are you sure? I don't want you to get in trouble." 

"I won't."

"I'll come back for you, I promise." I hold out my pinky finger and he responds immediately, wrapping his pinky around mine.

"And I promise that I will help you get out of here." He smiles at me one last time before jogging away to his mother, who was sitting on the slightly muddy and unbuilt porch of their small hut. With a sigh, I get up from my position on the ground and walk back to my small hut, ready to execute our plan tomorrow night.

"You really are lost in thought, aren't you?" Suddenly snapped out of my thoughts, I look up with a quick shake of my head to see Shin bending down to meet my eye level. Not knowing where I am, I take a step back in shock and look around to realize that I had walked all over into the depths of the forest that surrounded the Mukami mansion. My eyes finally fall onto the two figures in front of me and a small sigh escapes my lips right then.

"I... Yes, I think I am. I just- it's just too noisy back at home." I chuckle lightly and look at the ground, not being able to maintain any eye contact, as I fiddle with my fingers. 

"Would it be too much to ask why you are lying to us?" Shin straightens up and crosses his arms while I roll my eyes at him and continue to walk, not really aware of my sense of direction. 

"Yes, it would be too much." I slow down my pace slightly as the Tsukinami brothers catch up to me and I continue to look at the ground. "If you don't want me punching you, you better keep your mouth shut." I look up at him, finally meeting the familiar golden eye, and smile up at him in a manner of warning. My gaze subconsciously turns to Carla, then, as he had been quiet the whole time. "What are you thinking about so deeply?" He meets my gaze instantly and shrugs, resulting in Shin looking at his brother as well.

"He has been under a lot of stress!" Shin dramatically brings the back of his hand to his forehead, showing the tragedy of the situation. I chuckle lightly while Carla simply smacks the back of Shin's head. 

Stress, huh? That's an understatement.