What curiosity does to you. Chapter 4

Disclaimer:  For some reason, I absolutely enjoyed writing this chapter the way I did. I have officially fallen in love with my own OC. 

I don't own the picture above and have only done basic editing.

"You know this is wrong, right? I mean- as far as I know, she lives with our disgusting half-brothers and it's supposed to be that way." I point in a random direction, indicating that I was referring to the Sakamaki household as my eyes narrow down at each and every brother present in the room.

"What are you doing here?" Ruki avoids my statement and crosses his arms in defense. I give him a weird look and tilt my head in disbelief.

"I live here?" I state as a matter of fact and flail my hands lightly to point around the room. "Could any of you tell me what the hell is going on? Because I don't want to believe what I am starting to believe because you won't believe what I'm starting to believe: you've kidnapped her and brought her to this house for whatever occultic reason you all are planning without me." I take a deep breath from the quiet outburst, forgetting to inhale in between the explanation of my assumptions. They all simply stare at me in surprise and confusion as if they were buying time to come up with an answer.

"That is nowhere near the reason we brought her here-" Yuma starts to explain but I find a loophole in his explaining.

"So you did kidnap her?" I shake my head in a frantic manner to show my confusion and the stupidity of their plan while making a weirded-out face at them. "What?" I flail my arms around in further confusion and Kou sighs before smiling at me brightly. I maintain his eye contact with a blank, "are you serious" face. 

"You see, our dear, Anna, we were just trying to help her out. You haven't seen the way those disgusting half-brothers treat her." I narrow my eyes at him in suspicion, not really buying any of the crap he was trying to feed me. 

I don't think you would buy it either. Am I right?

"Okay." I fake an agreement and he looks taken back, not expecting to have me understand them instantly, without much explanation. 

"Okay? Okay!" Kou mutters to himself and the brothers share glances with each other but before any of them can say anything in return, the girl behind the brothers starts to stir. All of our gazes turn in her direction, waiting for another movement from her. 

"What's her name? I don't wanna seem rude." I whisper to the brothers as we wait with our arms crossed.

"Eve." Azusa mutters under his breath without looking away from the apparent Eve. I lick my bottom lip in anxiousness and confusion as the room goes silent and the girl finally opens her eyes. Her pink orbs scan the ceiling above us before she turns her head to meet my golden ones, causing her eyes to widen as she sits up with a jolt. 

"I wouldn't do that." I point uneasily as she clutches her head in pain and grunts lightly, causing me to purse my lips, placing my finger on them as I wait for her to regain the sense of reality. 

"Where am I?" She lightly begins, making it extremely difficult to hear her, even with my hearing ability. I stay quiet, not wanting to make any sarcastic remark with her in such a situation and wait for the brothers to speak.

"M-neko-chan! You are in the Mukami household, of course!" Kou beams and I cringe at the nickname, not being used to him acting so kind to anyone else other than us. 

"Excuse me while I gag." I turn away as Kou playfully glares at me and sighs afterward, shaking his head lightly. 

"Don't worry, you are safe here, Eve. No one is going to harm you while you are with us." Ruki assures the terrified girl as I roll my eyes at their gentle demeanor, knowing their facade is going to break sooner or later. 

"But there is also a chance you might end up dying here-" I try to warn her but Ruki cuts me off by causally starting to introduce us to her.

"Just so you feel better staying with us, I think it is better that you get to know us better. Ruki, Kou, Yuma, Azusa, and Anna." He points at each and every one of us at the respective name. As soon as Eve's eyes land on me, I smile uneasily at her, clearly letting her know of my discomfort in the situation. She smiles back gently but her expression screams confusion as she looks back to the ground.

"Now, I know you have a lot of questions- because so do I. We both can talk to each other, even though we don't know anything, and attempt at comforting each other- which I may be terrible at. But don't worry! You can comfort yourself if needed, right, Eve?" I fumble with my words and stop talking when the brothers look in my direction, clearly indicating me to stop before I mess. I press my lips together and nod as I look at the ground as well. I hear a confused hum from Eve and look up to see her looking at us in confusion.

"Eve?" She waits for a response and I give myself the opportunity to join her as I wait for an answer as well.

"What do you mean? Isn't your name Eve?" I look at her but she only tilts her head further and shakes it in denial. "Okay," I drag the word awkwardly and turn to Azusa, who told me not too long ago that Eve was her name.

"I never... said that that was... her name." He turns to look at me nonchalantly and I make a weird face at him again, thinking of a possible way he could have misunderstood me.

"I asked you all what her name is and you said, "Eve". Obviously, I'm going to assume that Eve is her name!" I point my arms at the girl with a confused identity crisis as I yell and look back at Azusa.

"I simply called... her out so she would... wake up." I let out a frustrated sigh and push my hair back, looking back at the girl whose name is unknown.

"Okay, then, what is your name, unknown girl?" I pace my arm back and forth, encouraging her to speak up. She takes a deep breath and turns her attention to me.

"Y-Yui." She quietly mutters and I lean forward to hear her better. "Y-Yui." She repeats herself, this time, audible enough for my fantastic vampire ears, and I nod slowly, getting the gist of her fear from us.

"Okay, Y-Yui, how about you tell me the story of how my brothers brought you here." I straighten myself while Ruki sighs, facepalming at either my curiosity or sarcasm.