She Told Me Not To

DISCLAIMER! This chapter and maybe the second one are all over the place at the moment because I am in the process of editing it. Please excuse me.

-----Daniel-----
It only stood there for a second or two in my doorway. The ground was shaking and the black silhouette moved closer and closer. It sat there at the foot of my bed, staring, and nothing more. I could not move, nor could I breathe properly. It was then, I began to choke while it stretched across my bed, getting closer to my face. Screaming, I woke up in tears as I sat up in bed and grabbed my inhaler. I pressed the button on the top, sucked in the mist it emitted and lied back down. I then placed in back on the bedside desk. I dug under my pillow and pulled out my phone to check the time.

'12:00 Ante-Meridiem' flashed on my phone screen, seconds after I pressed the 'on' button. There was no way I was going back to sleep after a dream like that. This was the third time that had happened to me this week. That exact same sleep paralysis nightmare had haunted me as if it wanted to tell me something. I sat up from my bed to see my dad's book on the floor. Let me give you some backstory on the trinket. It is in theory, what killed my father. Well, at least in the minds of my and my mother's.

My dad purchased the book from the clearance aisle in a bookstore. It was titled "Laws Of Dark Entities, " and had the drawing of a goat skull on the cover of it. My father got bad vibes from it but brought it home anyway. A day after purchasing it, he and the person who rang it up, died. It couldn't be a coincidence, because they were both the only people who touched it. My mother feared that it might happen to me, despite it possibly being by chance, so she made me swear not to touch it. What I questioned was what could've knocked it over. My room door was locked, and nobody else was in my room.

I began to think that what if the key to getting rid of the cursed lung condition, asthma resided in this book. Though I swore to her, my beloved mother I would not touch it, there was only one way to prove my theory, and resolve the curiosity about that book that was eating me whole.

Slowly, I slipped my fingers under the hardcover, took a deep breath, and opened it.

Flipping through the pages of the book, I mumbled under my breath, "Sorry mother." I soon found myself on a page with the picture of the pentagram on it with text beside it. The text read:

"Shed blood and draw a pentagram with it. On each corner of the star, place a lit, black candle."

I bit my thumb and pressed it onto the hard wooden floor shaping a large, crimson, bloody pentagram on it. I headed to the dressing room, grabbed five black candles, and a lighter from the kitchen drawer. I then headed back to my room to shut and lock the door. Hurriedly, I placed the candles in the listed areas and lit them each, then read the next instruction. I tore out a piece of paper from a notebook and wrote the ritual spell on it.

As I worried if I would die the following day, I placed the book in the middle of the pentagram, open to a page that had a drawing of an odd symbol on it. So that mother would not wake up, I quietly began to read the words I wrote on the piece of paper.

".sevresed eh tahw mialc ot niaga esir llahs eh ,koob siht edisni morF .kcab mih dloh regnol on llahs ydob sih dnuora sniahC .luos ym ekat eh llahs dna ,ydob ym ekat eh llahS .thgin eht sgnirb dna ,thgil eht sedih eH .lla ti sees eh ,lla ti sraeh eH"

-----Lucifer-----
The wing beat of demon wings echoed through the cave of Hell, sounding loud as striking thunder to be heard from miles. The zealous demons gambled, playing games like pool and poker in the clubhouse. Others basked in the lava hot springs. It was a demon's paradise down here. Sometimes, if they were good, Lucifer would reward them with slaves to either be beaten, tortured, or even raped! Those humans were the dead sinners that were cast down to hell in spirit form.