Rush Recklessly

A religious offering lay tainted by an evil spirit on a coffee table in the living room. Darrel leads us to his basement where we introduced ourselves and spoke about the deal I've made. The man seemed as though it wasn't the first time this has occurred. "Young Danny, your fate has been decided the second you've made that deal. Child, do you understand that you've run yourself into a corner? There is not much you can do against Lucifer, and he will come looking for you."

He takes the hands of Lamont and myself and places them in between the triangle we formed sitting down. "We must draw the demon spirit out of your body without purification. Then we'll try to lift the curse you were born with. The man lay his hand atop ours and begins to say a prayer. After the conclusion of it, he un pocketed an elixir.

"Lie down child Danny. I have a more effective way to kill off evil spirits than the church." I nod lie down on my back, as he lifts my shirt, smearing the elixir around my belly button. "This elixir shall help draw out the demon's spirit." He lay a bible upon my undressed upper body. A loud ringing noise is heard from any surrounding homes within ten meters.

It goes on for five seconds, before stopping. A black shadowy figure is seen pulling itself back into my body. Darrel pours holy water on it as soon as it rose out of me, killing it almost instantly. A low pitched shriek freed itself from the mouth of the demon before it vanished. "It is gone." He assures. "Well, aren't you going to purify me so that no demon can touch my body?" I ask.

He just shakes his head before whispering something in Lamont's ear. He nods and whispers something back. "Young boy if you want to slay Satan, you cannot use casual weapons. You need ones made of holy material, or blessed by God himself. Take this." He hands me tactical switchblade, that's coated in a layer on holy water.

"Danny I got this trinket blessed by many churches along the country, and it was coated with holy water, all made for fighting demons. There's no guarantee it will work. You just have to have faith" "Thank you," I say to him in a soft voice. "Lucifer lurks around in an old abandoned mansion. Find him, and kill him. Do not rush recklessly into battle, but make your plans unreadable to him. If you stop for even a second and he knows what you're planning, he won't hesitate to cut you right open, and decorate the floors with your guts."

I swallow hard. "Yes, sir". He pats me on the head, and sends me and Lamont back on the road, after handing us a map to the mansion where we will end it all. We walk down the road, and part ways at our houses. "See ya!" I call out. "Bye!" Responds Lamont. We head in the houses, as for the fact that it began to rain. I pocket the switchblade before taking off my shoes and walking to my mother's room.

She gives me a long lecture, before heading off to bed, also sending me to sleep. I brush my teeth, throw on my pajamas, and head to bed after turning all the lights off. I dreamt that same dream I thought I was done with, but it was different; I didn't wake up. The silhouette moved so close, that its face was a centimeter or two away from touching my face.

It exhaled cold air onto my face, tainting it with a foul smell. Every facial feature formed on its face, discluding the eyes. It frowned at me. I felt the ground shaking around me, urine forming a patch on my bed. I just couldn't wake up. I blinked and everything was gone. Visions flying by my eyes. I saw my mom crying with bags of groceries surrounding her in the living room.

I then visioned her in some strange house that was unfamiliar to me. She was carving large holes in the ceiling of a bedroom. Before I woke up, I saw Lamont lying on the ground, blood flowing through bullet holes in his chest. I remembered nothing when I awoke, but I sat up so quickly that colorful dots impaired my sight. I head to the kitchen to get a cup of water, but see the book "Laws Of Dark Entities" on the floor, right in the middle of the kitchen.

"H-How?!" I cry. "I-I-I thought that book vanished for good!" I step back and look around. My body temperature lowers for some odd reason, and the room becomes much colder. I run back to my room, shutting, and locking the door. I lie back down in bed, trying to forget it all. I try to go back to sleep, but I keep hearing loud ringing.

"What is that sound?!" I yell. "Go to sleep!" My mom calls from her room. I end up passing out for some reason, but when I woke up, I could hardly stand. Dear God, what have I done now...