Epilogue

----Danny's POV----
I look down at the earth, smiling at my mom even though she could not see me. She entered the house and picked up the note I left there. It read, "Dear mother, I know this is hard for you to hear, but I couldn't keep the secret from you long. That day that you came in to see the blood ritual, I indeed did do it, and unknowingly summoned the king of Hell upon the earth. I'm sorry that I lied to you, but it was only so that you wouldn't get tangled up in my problems. I've had to see so much because of Lucifer, and he's the reason Jack died.

I'm leaving you this note now, so that you know where I've gone. I went to find and put and end to Lucifer, but not alone, with Lamont. I love you mom, and I hope you know that when die, I'll always be looking at you from up above, telling you to keep moving forward. The eleven year mark is already here. Just an hour left to end this all. Keep on living, and try to get over this because I'm still here with you.

Your son,

Danny.

She wipes her eyes and sits on the floor, dropping her groceries. She weeps because her only son died, and she has no one else because father is gone. I look up at god wiping my tears. "God, what happened to my father?" He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, before looking back at me. "The truth is, he was scared. Scared of seeing what would happen after death. He didn't kill himself as a sacrifice, and is no noble hero you thought of him to be. He ran away, never to look back at his past, and gave up on you. He started a new family, and is far from your home state. The one you thought to be your father back there in Hell was no more than a mirage. Go comfort your mom. She needs it."

I float down to earth, and sit down next to mother, with my arms around her. I hug her like she did me the day that started it all. Tight, and with care. It seemed like she had felt my presence, because she cried even more when she looked in my direction. I lay my head on hers, and make a prayer, that God protect her precious life.

I look up at heaven, seeing, a ball of black. It was forming around an angel, but for a reason unknown... I called out for God, and he came at the speed of light, seeing this... thing. His eyes widened, and his jaw dropped, as he immediately pointed a finger at the angel, causing them to fade away. Strong winds were howling, and banging on every wall of the house below, and startling mother.

The door cracked, and cracked as it was banged on, leaking black waters. Finally, the door flew open, and something limped towards my mom. God pulled me back up to heaven, and my sight became quite blurry. "I killed him, didn't I?" I say, unable to tear up, nor feel any fear. God just sat there, shaking his head at me. Clearly disappointed in himself.

I couldn't go down there and help! I wasn't a physical being, so I couldn't do anything! I cried inside, wanting to stop that thing. Now I was considered a deviant, because I shouldn't be feeling sadness in heaven. I watched as the black water fully reached the other side of the door, and formed into an angel, but one that was black, and looked to be made of water or slime.

The now demon limped towards my mom slowly, and she backed into the corner. She cried and cried for help, but nobody could hear her. She was silenced by a bubble of water that formed around her head, created by the demon. With an Arabic accent, he'd say "Lucifer's failure will only push me in the direction of success! Diane Wilsmith, nice to meet you, the name is Afreet!"

He stood tall in front of her, and a seven foot grin appeared on his face. With each finger spread apart, he'd lift that arm, but only partially. "Let me help you up Darling, it's my pleasure"