Chapter 8

Catra was the first to wake up that quiet morning in Brightmoon, and was quick to recognize Adora's presence beside her. The previous night was spent with the duo placing gentle kisses on each others scars and Catra apologizing for each scar she left on Adora from previous battles. 

The feline let out a soft yawn and quietly crawled out of the covers as to not awake the sword wielding princess that was still fast asleep. Catra then walked over to Adora's large window and opened it, the fresh breeze and air was so tempting she almost jumped from the windowsill just to get a better fell of the cool, morning air. 

The brunette had been inside the castle for well over a week now, almost two, and she genuinely missed the excitement and adrenaline she would get whenever she was out on a mission or just completing orders for Lord Hordak. She could walk on her once broken leg, her bruises were long gone, the few bones that were also broken was, literally, magically healed and she was looking and feeling much better than when Adora had found her in the Whispering Woods that fateful day.

So what was the harm in sneaking out for a bit of fun? She had been cooped up in the castle too long for her liking and she was craving to cause just a bit of havoc. It's in her nature, could you really blame her?  

Catra glanced back at Adora for a brief moment before looking down from the windowsill, what would Adora say if she found out Catra had just up an left? Or do for that matter? The brunette knew the blonde teen would probably have a panic attack or most likely send a searching party for her.

Which only caused the feline to smirk, she lined up her sharp claws from the start of her cast on her leg, and with one swift motion, made a clean break. She slid the cast off her leg and sighed in content as the added weight was now lifted. She rolled her ankle a bit to get a bit a blood flowing and then, without a second thought, took a mighty leap into the bushes below her.

The brunette let out a soft "oof" when she landed in the bushes, which was thick enough to break her fall, and she quickly took off on all fours into the Whispering Woods. The area that was once frozen over was back to normal as if nothing had ever happened. Which worked in favor for the feline because not only did she hate the cold with a passion, but she only had on shorts and the same white bandages that covered her chest. 

Catra had been running through the woods for a long time now, but she was too busy taking in all the new sights, scents and sounds that surrounded her. Especially all the beautiful colors and the funny shaped trees to climb. The brunette was in her sweet glory right now, jumping from branch to branch and launching herself into the air and do a fancy flip or move mid-air, just to land right back on a branch and do it again. 

If this was a movie, and you were the one handling the camera, I'm positive you couldn't help but be able to smile at the sight of how happy and free the feline looked, and that's exactly how she felt in this wonderful moment. 

-------------------------------------------------------

After literal hours of exploring, scaring random village kids, killing a massive monster that tried to eat her, and having random fun without a care about what other dangerous creatures could possibly be following her or possibly lurking in the shadows, the magicat came to a small river to wash up and enjoy the soothing sounds of the calm water rushing by. 

Catra laid on her back and closed her eyes, her ears twitching at every little sound she caught wind of. She could hear the water, the distant birds singing, the sound of someone mumbling incoherent words as they came closer...

 Catra jolted up from her spot and growled lowly, her claws extended and her stance low and defensive as she prepared herself for and oncoming attack. What she didn't expect though was for Scorpia to appear from behind a thicket of some bushes and vines, she didn't look all that well however. Her once neatly done white hair was now disheveled and unkempt, and she had somewhat noticeably dark circles around her eyes along with the obvious fact that she looked tired.