Chapter 10

Adora was the first one to wake up that early morning in the castle of Brightmoon. The sun could just be seen coming up over the horizon. The blonde teen let out a yawn and sat up, or tried to at least. 

She was immediately aware of the familiar scent of Catra, who was also the one holding on tight to the sword wielding hero. And as if she was worried Adora would leave her in the middle of the night, her tail was securely wrapped around the blue eyed girls waist. 

Adora, who was still on top of the feline since they fell asleep in that position, let a soft smile break out on her face. She nuzzled a bit closer into the crook of the soldiers neck, slowly snaking her arms around the brunette's toned frame so she wouldn't wake her up. She definitely didn't mind staying like this for a few more hours. 

Unfortunately for Adora, Catra started to stir in her sleep and began to wake. Blue eyes met  half awake mismatched ones, "Morning," Catra mumbled, releasing her grip on the other teen a bit to rub the sleep from her eyes, "do we have that meeting with the other princesses?" She asked with a small yawn.

"Yep, so lets freshen up and get breakfast. We have a long day today." Adora said with a sigh, taking the opportunity to get up off the feline and head towards her bathroom. 

"Hey Adora, can you run some water in the tub for me? I don't feel like standing up in the shower." Catra said as she lazily rolled out of bed. The feline practically dragged herself into the bathroom with the blonde girl. 

Adora, who was running warm water in both the shower and tub, giggled at how tired the feline looked as she entered the spacious room. "You slept okay?" She asked the brunette.

"Try getting any sleep when there's a one hundred something pound teenager sleeping over your chest, I could barely breath." The feline joked with a small laugh. 

"I'm not that heavy.... She-ra is heavier." 

Both girls bubbled up with laughter at that, after a good few minutes, the duo collected themselves and turned their backs to each other as they discarded their clothing. Catra, being the first one to discard her undergarments, shorts, and bandages, hopped in the warm tub of warm water. Quickly dunking under water and resurfacing completely drenched. She let out a content sigh and leaned back, opening her eyes, she couldn't help but glance over at Adora.

The blonde teen was just entering the shower when the feline caught another glimpse of the long, deep scars she gave the hero during the battle of Brightmoon. "I still can't wrap my head around it, after everything I put her and her new best friends through.. she still cares about me...  she doesn't hate me for all the terror and destruction I've caused to not only her but Etheria as well. I just don't understand... hero's don't give people like me a second chance. Is it because we used to be best friends? Or maybe she's just pitying me for how weak and vulnerable I am right now? Hell, even I can look back on all the things I've done and actually agree that I shouldn't even deserve half of what Adora is even doing for me right now. I don't even think I said thank you to her for not leaving me in the woods that day."

Catra submerged into the water again and resurfaced once more moments later. All these negative and hurtful thoughts draining what very little energy she had running through her veins earlier that morning. She quickly finished freshening up, and walked out of the bathroom after she ringed out her hair, tied it in a pony tail, and drained out the dirty water. 

Stealing another pair of Adora's fitted shorts, the ex horde soldier found a pair of undergarments and threw both pieces of clothing on. Then, finding a roll of white bandages, the feline quickly wrapped it around her chest before Adora came back into the room and saw her half naked. Something they had experienced on both ends when they were in there early teens years back in the Fright Zone.