(No idea what to name this)Pre-relationship au

!Warning! A few days ago the prisoner 0146 escaped. This particular prisoner has shown no remorse in killing or torturing innocent people before .The first cases of disappearances have already occurred. We are advising you to not go outside after dark or –

The screen went black. I stood up and stretched my arms over my head. I yawned and looked at the clock: 15:57. Well, it's not like I had a healthy sleeping schedule to begin with.

My dreamless sleep was interrupted by a consistent ringing noise. Groggily I walked to the living room, where I left my phone and responded. A few minutes later I hung up. Looks like I won't go to school for a while. Since most of the students went to school alone, and the school would have to take responsibility, if something were to happen to their students.

I looked at the newspaper from today. There he was, the man that everyone here seemed to be afraid of. He seemed to be in his thirties, had brown hair that reached to his shoulders and was a bit tanned.

It's weird, how everyday people get brutally murdered, but once a more known criminal has escaped, everyone suddenly is in panic. It's quite pathetic actually.

I was starting to get a bit hungry, so I went to the kitchen to grab something. I quickly realized that I had as well as nothing, and I was in no mood, to eat noodles again. I really should stop procrastinating. I sighed and looked at the clock: 19:21. Good. I still had plenty of time to get to the store.

I didn't really miss my parents. The only thing that was annoying me a bit was that I had to take care of everything. They had died a few weeks ago and since then everyone looked at me weirdly, and treated me like I was going shatter any moment. It wasn't bothering me per say, it just made me feel a spark of annoyance.

As long as I can remember, I was never able to feel anything. Well of course I could feel a little bit, like tiny sparks of feelings I should probably have or pain when I fell down.

But I have never felt the urge to cry. Why would I? It wouldn't make anything better.

I have also never understood the concept of laughing or smiling. Why would you stretch your lips to show yellowish teeth and your gum? And why should it make you feel better to hear or do something as obnoxious as 'laughter'?

-Time skip-

As I was paying my groceries, I saw the nervous look on the face of the cashier, as she looked around. She looked, as if she thought, that the escaped prisoner would come out from behind a shelf at any moment and attack her. The probability of that was by 0% since-

'Please get to the cashier, since the store is going to close in ten minutes.' came the announcement from the loudspeakers.

Normally the store still would be open for at least 30 minutes. Guess they are also anxious because of the murderer.

God, humans are so stupid.

After I paid, I made my way back home.

I returned home without any interruptions and packed away my groceries before making myself something to eat.

It was past 2 o'clock in the morning and I still couldn't fall asleep. Guess the nap wasn't such a good idea.

I decided to take a walk since the fresh air often helped me fall asleep. So I put on some clothes, took my house keys and my phone and took the familiar route through the alleyways of the city.

Many would think that it would be stupid and downright suicidal to go out at night, while a serial killer is on the loose. But first of all, there are always many possibilities to die, and second of all I am not afraid of death.

I was deep in thoughts, so that I almost didn't notice that before me was a dead end. I stopped just in time, turned around and took a look at my surroundings.

I couldn't remember this place. There was nothing but a few dumpsters on my right side. Something behind the dumpsters caught my eye, so I went to check, what there was.

Would it been someone else then me, you would have probably heard a bloodcurdling scream. But I, I just took the scene in. Unimpressed.

Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and looked at the person with a blank look.

The other person was male. He was smirking at me and he looked almost insane, but not quite. He looked like a demon in the body of a human; he had crimson colored eyes, black hair and pale skin. He looked exactly like the man from the news.

He looked at me, seeming almost amused and that somehow sparked a feeling in me close to irritation, but it was gone almost immediately.

"You know, that it isn't safe for small innocent children to walk around here so late at night", he said to me tauntingly. Suddenly I got an overwhelming Déjà vu feeling, and squinted my eyes to get a better look at him. "Do I know you?" I opted to ask, ignoring his question.

His eyes softened for a millisecond, before he started grinning again and said: "I believe you wouldn't have survived that meeting."

I raised my eyebrow unaffected, but the warm look in his eyes had affected me more than I would like to admit. I was now entirely sure that he knew me from somewhere and I was determined to know from where, since I couldn't remember ever meeting him.

"I know about your gift", he said breaking the silence that had settled between us.

My eyes widened slightly. There was no point denying it, and one look at him made it clear, that he wouldn't appreciate it if I would try to fool him.

So I just nodded.

"I could help you learn how to control it, if you help me with finding what I have searched for all this time", he told me.

This whole situation was fucked up. I didn't even know his name, and the only facts I did know about him should have been enough to get me run away as fast as I could from this situation. But somehow, he made me feel... calm? Safe?

I'm not sure. The only thing I am sure of is that he was one of the only people that would have the answers to most of my questions and that he could probably, given enough time, make me feel again. This was a terrifying yet wonderful realization.

How could a person that I knew nothing of hold so much power over me?

He looked at me expectingly.

The right thing to say was no, since saying yes would probably end with me being the person behind that dumpster.

But since I was never one for self-preservation the word that came out of my mouth was:

"Deal."