Student!Izaya x Student!Reader

"[Y/n], wait for me! ", I heard Izaya cheerfully calling out to me. I slowed down to give him the opportunity to catch up with me. A few moments later he finally reached me and we started talking. That means, that he basically told me about the things which he found out one way or another and his thoughts to that. 

Lately he has grown an interest in observing people and predicting there actions, which I found kinda weird, but for each their own I guess.

Once I had asked him, how what he did was different from just being a stalker trying to word it so, that it wouldn't be to offensive. But he had just laughed and said, that a stalker would be obsessing over one particular human being, where as he simply observed humanity in it's truest form and see how easily it was to turn someone who claimed to take a bullet for you against you. 

Even though we had our differences in perceiving things, I always had fun talking to him and he had always something interesting to say. 

After some time I found myself falling for him. It was kinda hard not to, I mean come on he was smart, had beautiful ruby-red eyes, raven hair and pale skin.

No one could deny that he was handsome. I knew that this didn't go unnoticed from my female peers, who didn't even try to be subtle about their feelings. Though he had never reciprocated to any of them. A fact which gave me a little bit of hope.

I was so lost in my thoughts, that I didn't even notice, that we arrived at the school gates. He waved me goodbye, before he went to bother Shinra.

I smiled softly at him, before I went to my classroom. When I opened my book a little piece of paper flew out. 'Meet me after school on the rooftop ~Izaya" stood there.

Wait... How did he get the paper into my book?

... And more importantly, why did he want to meet me? 

I was getting more and more nervous and my brain started running a mile a minute, coming up with different scenarios.

Could it be, that he liked me back? I didn't want to get my hopes up, since it would be very likely, that I would get disappointed, but I couldn't help it.

The next few hours seemed to drag themselves and I had the feeling that the time was going even more slowly than usual.

When the final bell rang , I was a nervous wreck and I didn't know if I was more excited or anxious about what I would find on the roof.

I took a few calming breaths, before I made my way to the roof. 

Izaya was already waiting for me there, he was sitting on a bench and was looking away from me. I closed the door behind me but he didn't really react. I approached him hesitantly. He made a gesture for me to sit next to him. I complied and waited for him to tell me, why he wanted me to come here.

For a few minutes, he didn't say anything and just stared at the horizon. I must admit that the view from up here was beautiful, you could see the sun setting behind the buildings turning everything into an lilac light. It made me feel calmer and I got more relaxed after a while.

He cleared his throat, which made me look again at him. He seemed almost nervous, an expression, which I had never seen on him before.

"[Y/n], I have thought about it for a while and I've come to the conclusion that you're different from the others, you're special to me. You never get annoyed when I tell you about my observations and you seem genuinely interested in what I say. What I want to say is, will you consider going out with me?", He said looking me in the eyes.

For a moment I just stared at him dumbfounded, before I started to beam at him and hugged him before I answered: "Of course, I would love to!"

Hesitantly he also put his arms around me and hugged me back softly, like he was unsure on how to do it. After a while we separated from each other and looked each other in the eyes.

We both leaned in, closed our eyes and kissed.