Izaya x reader/oc

(Yes I know that my titles are very good and creative, as are my stories. Note the sarcasm. I'm sorry if my English sucks, but it's my third language so what do you expect?)

-----------------------------------------------

You were ...different. I knew it right from the start. I still can't decide if that is a good or bad thing. You are the smartest, most mischievous, manipulating and annoying person I know, and still I couldn't help but fall in love with you. 

Since you knew almost everyone, if not everyone in this city, it really shouldn't have been a surprise for me that you knew who I am, before I even introduced myself. Still I was mildly impressed at how well you did your research.

You weren't and still aren't really liked by most people, but that never really bothered you. As we started talking more often I noticed, that even if you are fine with being alone most of the time you still got lonely sometimes.

When this started, I was positiv that you would just toss me aside when you got bored of me, but that didn't happen. Instead you seemed to take more and more interest in me.

I didn't really mind since you were a really interesting person to talk to and could give me different views on subjects.

We started seeing each other more often, most of the time you would just randomly show up at my door and other times I texted you telling you that I would come over, since I actually have manners.

You often played mind games and it probably wasn't a good idea to stick around with a person like you for so long, (One of the biggest reason being, that I would be most likely targeted by your enemies), but I never really had a good sense of self-preservation and anyways I think that I can handle myself pretty well, I mean I made it up to here, right?

I don't know when it happened exactly, I just remember us watching a ridiculous and unrealistic movie, commenting on the lack of acting skills from the lead role, when I realized, that I had fallen for you.

It wasn't as huge of a shock than I thought it would be, and after thinking about it I came to the conclusion, that I had known for awhile and just hadn't really registered it. 

It didn't really change anything in our relationship since I hadn't the courage to actually say anything about my feelings. 

A few months later you told me that I was his closest friend and that he thought that he could trust me. In that moment I felt really happy and warm inside and I hoped that one day he will think of me of more than a friend.

Believe it or not, I actually made the first move and asked him out. Actually even I can't really believe it. I really didn't think I would have the courage to do it. The even bigger surprise for me was, when he actually agreed to it. I felt like a weight had been lifted of my shoulders, not only did I have the courage to admit my feelings, but he even reciprocated. 

Our relationship progressed slowly but steadily and I was happier than I had been in a long time. We kept it mostly to ourselves that we were dating, but since most of the people we had to do with on regular basis already suspected of us dating it came out pretty early.

Of course it wasn't perfect. We argued alot, his mind games gave me often a bad headache and his sense of superiority could drive me mad.

But the past two years of my life were the most eventful and exciting ones in my life and I wouldn't trade them for the world, and that's why I hugged him with tears in my eyes and the biggest smile on my face as I said: yes.