Chapter 22

(Unedited)

              Yahaya in his Uniform😻

Yahaya quickly brushed off his mustache. Wearing his p-cap and maui jim shades, he smiled and tucked his right hand into his uniform pocket.

"How do i look?" He asked Sadiya that was taking watermelon milkshake on the couch.

"You looking like a terrorist" Sadiya smiled, dropping the tumbler gently.

He moved closer, "Mi alma, what did you say?"

"Of course i said my captain looks handsome, my one and only Soldier"

He smiled, gently placed a peck on her cheeks.

The past two months had been amazing even though they are not the lovey dovey couple. He tried his best to make everything flow accordingly.

"I need to be in office, so see you later" he quickly hugged her "stay safe."

"Wait, does that mean i will stay all alone in this house"

It's going to be Yahaya's second day at the office after the wedding. Yesterday being the first, they went out together and he dropped her at Ummi's.

"What? You don't expect me to be dropping you at Ummi's house everyday" he cocked his head jokingly.

"Yes, whenever you're leaving to the office, you drop me at Ummi's and then you pick me up after work" she looked innocent.

Yahaya cackled; "it sounds hilarious, Ummi babysitting a married woman"

They laughed, "yallah, wear an abaya and meet me downstairs."

Few minutes later, Sadiya was clad up in a lilac abaya with its veil wrapped around her face.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten the way to Ummi's house?" She asked as Yahaya swerved the steering wheel.

"And who says we are going to Ummi's house?" He answered back with a question, his eyes still on the road.

"Huh? You didn't say it but I thought....."

Yahaya briefly darted his eyes from the road to her face. "But then?" He asked smiling.

"Nothing" she mumbled.

Moments later, we arrived at my office. The second lieutenant saluted as i walked into the office together with Sadiya.

   "Sit right here, i need to go and command like 60 to 200 soldiers" Yahaya passed his phone to her.

  "Keep looking at my handsome face"

Sadiya stared at his wallpaper which was a picture of him, Ummi and she, with the caption 'my loves' together with a heart emoji.

   She smiled, imagining if Abdullah could be there instead of Yahaya.