Chapter 28

(Unedited)

Tbh, i feel unappreciated 💔😢😪 you guys are not voting and commenting.

    "Tell me you didn't steal the necklace and you will know why Akanimoh's second name is thunder and her third name is earthquake!" The rude girl, Akanimoh struck Aret with a devastating kick.

Abdullah couldn't take it anymore as he quickly stood between the two ladies. "Leave this girl, she said she isn't a thief. Let her be please."

   "No way....this girl didn't even spend a week here and she is already taking what doesn't belong to her." Akanimoh said pointing to Aret, fire sparked in her eyes.

Abdullah exhaled sharply and let out an exasperated sigh. "How much is the necklace, i will pay."

She chuckled, "you will pay? Please you don't have that money."

    "Will you just name the amount and let's get over with this." He said dangerously. "Btw, photography is a hobby." He brought out his phone. "Type in your account number. Don't waste my time."

   "Even if you send the number, this girl wouldn't stay here again. Handsome photographer."

He just glared at her and sent the money, successfully. Turning to face Aret, he picked up his backpack and dragged her with him.

He was so tired, the last event just ended and that Akanimoh girl had to pull up a drama saying Aret stole her necklace.

The sound of Aret crying again brought him out of his trance and he shifted his gaze to her.

Her hair was still divided into three parts but she was wearing a sky blue gown that stopped below her knees unlike yesterday's gown that was black and shorter.

     "I'm not a thief, I didn't take the necklace." She cried.

       "Yeah i know." He replied, simply.

      "So I should take you home?" He asked unsure.

She faced him, abruptly. "No please don't, i beg you. It isn't a home, it is a hell." She whispered the last part.

      "Why?" He asked perplexed.

      "I use to live with my maternal grandmother, she died a year ago and since then i have been living with one of our neighbors." She exhaled and continued.

     "Two weeks ago, A woman visited our village saying a lady is getting married the following week and that our neighbor sent me here to work for Adaku, the bride after her wedding." She narrated and he listened attentively.

     "What about your parents?" He asked cautiously.

     "My Mom and her parents migrated from a country, to a state here in Nigeria.My Dad saw my mom and I don't know how they did it but they tied the knot."

      "Few years later, i was seven then. Things happened and i lost my parents and a lot of other relatives. So we moved together with my maternal grandmother only to another local government here in cross-river. Yali local government."

   "Sorry about that." He muttered and she nodded.

Without thinking twice he blurted out. "Would you mind if i take you with me....to live with my mom."

She kept mute for a minute and muttered a thank you. Abdullah smiled, "Get up let's go."

She stood up first and he gently backed his backpack again.