Chapter 27

(Unedited)

"Have some lemonade, Sadiya will be here in a jiffy." Yahaya said, settling beside Abdullah. "How're you?"

      "I'm fine." Abdullah replied curtly.

      "So how's work?" Abdullah smiled, "great! How's your work?"

Yahaya sighed, "Alhamdulillah! So i think you need to save your money for......okay i mean you might get married anytime from now."

Abdullah cackled, "Not anytime soon. How about i save that for your first baby."

    "The baby is not coming anytime soon. What is taking her so long. Lemme check." Yahaya said as he stood up to check on Sadiya.

   "I could remember telling you that Abdullah is here" Yahaya said as he met her still in her nightgown, deep in thoughts.

She pouted, "I don't want to go to the parlour."

    "I'm pretending not to hear that sentence." He cocked his head. "Take your bath and come."

     "I don't want to take my bath."

He stared at her unbelievable. "You're too stubborn, then wear your hijab and come. I'm waiting right here for you."

She scratched her eyes, preventing the tears from falling. Yahaya moved closer to her, mouth slightly agape.

          "Don't you dare cry, Mi alma. I did nothing to you. I said come see Abdullah not a monster. Abdullah your fav cousin."

He picked up a long dusty pink Hijab and handed her. "C'mon stop being childish and let's go."

He moved out and she trailed behind him. A minute passed but none of them said a word.

Yahaya looked at them surprisingly. "So a day will come and you will not talk to each other."

They still kept mute and Yahaya laughed. "Wonders shall never end, i need to inform Ummi about this."

      "No please, Abdullah how're you doing?" Sadiya quickly said.

        "I'm fine." He simply replied. "How have you been?"

      "Fine Alhamdulillah."

They kept talking with Sadiya not interfering. Abdullah nudged Yahaya. "Is she okay?"

He shrugged. "I don't think so, try talking to her. I will be outside."

Yahaya sauntered out and Abdullah sighed, turning to Sadiya. he asked; "Are you okay?"

     "Yes i am." She smiled awkwardly.

     "Sure?" He asked again. "Yes"

     "Okay then, whatever it is. Pray. Just know that everything happens for a reason." He paused and then whispered. "Yes, we planned our future but then you plan, he plans and he is the best of planners. Give this a try and i am very sure you won't regret it. C'mon stop making our soldier vulnerable, remember your jannah lies beneath his feet."

    "Thank you Abdullah, I promise to give this a try."

     "You're welcome, i need to leave. The event starts in an hour." Abdullah announced, checking his wristwatch. "See me, when you give birth."

And they laughed. That day Sadiya vowed to be a better person. She vowed to be a good wife.

Later that day, Sadiya apologized and he looked puzzled.

     "Are you okay?" He asked shifting from his sitting position.

      "Of course, i am." She said smilingly.