Chapter 34

(Unedited)

Make sure you see the pictures😌🥰

"Why did you do that?" Sadiya that was by the staircase asked.

    "What did i do?"

   "Is that a question? Yahaya! Open your eyes."

He stood up. "Wow, are you siding him?"

She sighed, "open your eyes, I'm your wife and last time I checked Abdullah doesn't take drugs. What's wrong with him marrying Aret? He loves her and she loves him so let them be. And that guy saved you, he sacrificed his love just to see you happy."

Silence
Silence
Silence

   "Take me to the hospital." She said after few minutes.

He stared at her, she was wearing a beige gown and a big veil wrapped around her. "Why?"

   "I'm in labor." She replied, calmly.

She ignored the bewildered look on his face and passed him the box, which consist of baby clothes.

He collected the box and kept it aside. "What am I supposed to do then?"

   "How about i ask the baby to go back till his Dad figures out on what to do." She replied sarcastically.

She felt a sharp pain. "I said i am in labor, take me to the hospital." She yelled and that got him alerted.

Before she could blink her eyes again, he picked her up and dragged the box with him.

He paced to and fro in the waiting area, praying silently. His phone vibrated and he picked up immediately. "Yahaya, i just came back and met no one at home. Don't tell me you guys packed and left." Ummi said from the other end.

    "Ummi we didn't leave, we are at the hospital. Come plea...." Ummi didn't wait for him to finish before she cut off the call and went directly to Abdullah's room.

When she met him seated on the rug with Aret singing the happy birthday song for him, that's when it all dawned on her that today is his 23rd birthday. She didn't pay heed to them.

    "C'mon guys, let's go." They didn't ask any question seeing she was in a hurry. They followed suit.

At exactly, 4:58pm. A tall nurse came out holding a baby. Ummi was the first person that noticed so she stood up and collected the baby.

Smilingly, she nudged Yahaya and he stood up noisily. She handed him the baby and he collected him, the baby was already dressed into a sky blue overall. At that moment what he felt was unexplainable.

He couldn't fathom out who the baby looks like

He couldn't fathom out who the baby looks like. Was it him? Was it Sadiya? Or was it Abdullah.

The baby squirmed and that's when he noticed Ummi wasn't there anymore.