Chapter 26

(Unedited)

Abdullah cleared his throat. "Ummi" he called and she turned, "I've been wanting to ask you"

Ummi turned completely, facing him. "Yes Abdullah what is it?"

"It's about Sadiya" he said joining his two thumbs together.

"Ehen..." Ummi urged him to continue and he did. "Her mom, i mean I've never heard of her mom's relative."

"She's an orphan, an only child." Ummi smiled, painfully. "She is a strong woman."

"Have you ever wondered why her hausa isn't clear."

"No." He replied. "It's because she's not hausa."

"She is?" Abdullah asked interestedly.

"She's Tiv from north central, when Sadiya's Dad graduated, he was posted in Benue for his youth service." Ummi paused. "There, he met Bilqis. She was eighteen years old and he was twenty five. Every morning, he was that type of corper that arrives early to teach."

     "The first week he started teaching she was absent. The following week when he was teaching and she arrived very late. The first thing he noticed about her was her red puffy eyes."

      "Are you in this class?" He had asked. She nodded without looking at him. "Come in then" and he continued teaching, and that's how it continued for over a month. She's always coming late to school, zoning out in class. Of course her puffy eyes didn't go unnoticed by him."

     "It was a Wednesday morning, she was the first student to arrive in her class. She met him going through a textbook, she greeted him and he looked up, smiling.

"You came early." Observing how she was smiling. And she started blabbing, being her a talkative. "Yes, my foster mother traveled yesterday. I have freedom for three days, straight."

He smiled, amused of how she kept talking non stop.  "Your foster mother must be wicked."

     "Yes exactly, you got it right. She's very wicked." She sighed, sadly. By then students were trooping into the class.

With in a month, their friendship blossomed. She was so comfortable with him. Little by little, she fell for him.

   "And guess what?" Ummi chuckled, softly.

She confessed and the funniest part was he stood there unable to utter anything. She finished confessing and left him still standing.

       "Weird right?" Ummi asked Abdullah and he nodded.

The teacher-student friendship continued, both pretending she never confessed her feelings.

   "You in a hurry? She had asked one day, after he had finished invigilating their exams.

    "Kind of, a friend promised to get me fura." He said packing the textbooks that were on the table.

    "Fura?" She asked. "Yes we normally take that in katsina."

    "I want to go to your state too."

    "Marry me then, and i will forever be your side." He said, jokingly but it was deep.

Bilqis kept mute. "Will you marry me? I will talk to your foster mother."

The next day being Saturday, he visited her foster mother. "Hausa! Tiv! What a combination. Take her and never come back." Her foster mother known as Rehilat said.

  "Thank you Ma, we will leave immediately after her last paper which is Monday." He said and turned to face Bilqis. "Sabr habibty, everything will be fine."

Two weeks later, they set out to katsina and his parents were surprised to see him with a lady.

   "She is Bilqis, an orphan and i want to marry her." He simply said and after a lot of ups and downs, the knot was tied.

Ummi sighed, that's her story.  Abdullah also heaved a sigh. "She is surely strong."

    "So when are you leaving? The wedding is in two days."

   "Oh yes Ummi, i will leave tomorrow."

  "Okay, lemme call your brother and inform him...."

He courteously cut her off. "No ummi, i will stay in a hotel and i promise to pay them a surprise visit."

    "Alright then, Goodnight."

   "Goodnight Mom." he blew a kiss. Ummi smiled and shook her head.

***

Weeks went by, Yahaya tried all he could to stay away from Sadiya so as to not hurt himself and hurt her.

He leaves home early for work and stopped joking around like the past few months they've lived together. And she knew the grumpy man was back.

It was a sunday morning, Yahaya woke up past twelve pm. Seeing it was almost time for zuhr, he took his bath, dressed into a plain white shirt with a black jeans and prayed at home due to the lack of masjid in that area.

He still laid on the bed after praying. "What a lazy day." He muttered to himself, massaging his body.

The sound of laughter made him sauntered out to the living room to see what was making her this happy.

There he met her, still in her silky soft nightgown with lace trim which stopped immediately below her thighs.

He darted his eyes from her and moved them slowly to the TV.

    "Good afternoon." Sadiya said, trying her best not to stutter.

    "Afternoon to you too, so watching a cartoon is making you this happy." He said and slumped down next to her, deliberately snaking his hand around her waist. She shuddered.

Not long after he sat, whatever she was watching ended and they stayed quiet.

Yahaya turned swiftly and his lips brushed hers, softly and delicately. His lips were warm and cozy.

Sadiya quickly fathomed out what was happening and pushed him letting out a cry. A knock that came in made Yahaya stood up, masking off his pain.

    "Abdullah!" He exclaimed, happily. Forgetting about his problems for a moment.

  "I'm here for some work and I decided to pay a surprise visit to my fav siblings."

  "Thank you, we love you. One minute please." He said and disappeared leaving Abdullah at the doorstep.

He looked at Sadiya, "Go in and change please. Abdullah is here." He told her and immediately she jerked upstairs. He went back to Abdullah.

  "Come in please."

***
Salaamu Alaikum!❤️ we're all fine in shaa Allah.

Update coming late......I'm sorry

I know we've been wondering where Ammi's relatives are? Now we know☺️

Somebody should knock sense into Sadiya's head please 😭

Say no to writers block by commenting 😭❤️

Thank you for reading this book❤️☺️love y'all💗

Vote❤️🙏🏻
Comment❤️🙏🏻
Share❤️🙏🏻
Follow❤️🙏🏻

                         👑Hajjo.Baraah🌹
                             S.O.L.D.I.E.R💫