Chapter 16

Ranks (of honour) from Him, and forgiveness, and mercy; and Allah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful [4:96]

Zeba pov
I enjoyed the ride with Idris and liked his gift. When we entered the hall I never expected it to be so luxuriously decorated with mix gathering. I personally dislike such gatherings and avoid them but now I have become centre of attention it really disturbs me Idris tries to comfort me but aunties present their gave weird looks. I was really tired of giving fake smiles to guest and pretending to like everything. I can feel Idris gaze on me but ignored him knowing its best. Warda was talking to me along with her friends but left when auntie called. Hira was late it maybe because of extra work shan is handling in my absence. I was about to message hira when she arrived. Shan & hira wished us then shan left to meet other guests. Idris friends took him to table with them and warda took me to other table while planned events for function starts on stage. 

Maryam and warda planned events where they made others to play like couple games and kids also perform dance with some speeches from friends. Idris family invited few relatives and friends while from my family only nearby relatives arrived basically they was less guest but grand function aunty kept function private to avoid any news.

I was lost in thoughts tracing my bracelet looking at it when voice startled me

"Wow Masha Allah its such beautiful bracelet zeba" hira said while holding my hand and observing it

"Yeah it is. Idris gave it as wedding present" I said looking at her but she was busy looking it and was holding my hand little tightly. I just frown at her gesture but she didn't notice

"It must be expensive your lucky I never got such gift from shan. Idris really had good taste" she said still looking at bracelet not once she looked at me nor complimented me not that i want it but that was least you expect from your bestie.

"What are you saying Shan gave you better gifts then this" I said taking my hand and she left it looking at me with blank look

"The gifts shan gave are not worth comparison to this and you should feel lucky to get married in such a well off family without any effort" she said to me I can't help but feel irritated her words. Why people think that luxury is the only way to get comfort.

"Alhamdulilah but I think it is the morals of that family more valuable then assets" I said to avoid any further talk knowing it will end as argument if it continues when warda called us for dinner. I sighed in relief.

The dinner table was decorated with all types of desi food if I was not bride today I would have munched all of them. Idris joined us with his friends. I was not comfortable with sitting arrangement so I asked Haider to sit beside me then I noticed is brooche and set it. Idris gave unpleasant expression and moved his gaze when mariam served him dinner.

Idris was looking blankly to plate and ate small amount of food when I noticed him he ignored me,so I got busy listening to Haider.

After dinner when we where leaving auntie guided me to Idris car and asked us to go together. While she and warda sat in other car. Warda gave me hug and Idris smiled at aunty and went towards car without me. I didn't reacted on his behaviour but he continued to ignore me in the whole ride and looked at me when I was not looking then he took different route.

"Where are we going" I asked but he didn't replied

"Will you just stop ignoring me" i said poking finger in his arm he shrugged it

"Oh now you wanna talk while you where ignoring me in function" he said

"I was not ignoring you. I was not talking because brides are supposed to be silent" I said and he looked at me

"For me ignoring and not talking is same even if you wanna act like bride you could have just looked at me once but no you where listening to everyone and even smiling at them"he said with frustration

"I didn't meant to ignore you. I don't like showing off affection in public that's reason i was not smiling at you or looking at you" I said and he rolled his eyes

"Really then the way you was adjusting haider brooch that was okay"he said

"Are you jealous of my brother" I asked him

"Of course not I'm just saying" he said looking at me sideways

"Really" I said smirking

"Whatever. I don't want to talk now can you please be silent" he said

"Okay but answer me one thing where are we going" I asked

"To my house" he said. 

I nodded my head and remain silent. The whole ride he didn't looked at me nor I tried to talk. I connected my headphones and started listening to Islamic lectures then checked mail. When we arrived he didn't wait for me but left after parking car. I followed him in house and entered room while he went to freshen up. My suitcase was already their so I got ready and made some sandwiches for Idris and left it on coffee table of our room and slept.

Next morning
Idris continue ignoring me he left room when I entered but he ate the food I made maybe he think that our chef made it but seriously he is acting way childish when he left house on 3rd day for work. He just informed me while leaving but no goodbyes. I didn't try calling him but got updates about him from warda or sometime auntie. Well they basically think that we are on vacation if only they knew I'm alone at home.

Its been week and Idris didn't came while I continue staying home and gave leave to all servants except watchman so that aunty don't know about us.

I basically cook and clean house while doing some gardening. I will spend day while reading or having video call meetings from my NEWYORK office. I didn't went to company to avoid shan from getting doubts.

I was having lazy afternoon while reading I slept on swing in garden when I heard some shuffling.
..
Hadith of the day
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: There are four characteristics (which may be called) the Sunnahs (the practices) of the messengers of Allah: Modesty, but some say, circumcision, the use of perfume, miswak and marriage.