Chapter 17

And We did not send you (O dear Prophet Mohammed – peace and blessings be upon him) except as a mercy for the entire world. (Prophet Mohammed – peace and blessings be upon him – is the Prophet towards all mankind.) [21:102]

Idris pov
While going home after valima i ignored zeba just like she did. I just wanted her to taste her own medicine but now when she didn't attempted to talk to me it really is frustrating. Maybe I'm not important to her that's why she is not trying to talk and solve issue but it was not her fault its mine because I asked her to shut up when she was talking. When we reached home I left her at parking but she followed me while was walking fast so I can leave first but she failed me walking with same pace without showing any discomfort. I can't understand how someone can walk so fast even in heels that to so elegantly. Oh god I'm supposed to be upset with her but I always ended up getting impressed by her nature.

I took long time in bathroom to avoid seeing her when I entered room she was already sleeping leaving me in my thoughts. My stomach growled from hunger yeah right I'm hungry even after being served so much food because I can't have spicy food and my sister in-laws only served me spicy food. I even didn't got chance to eat dessert do you know why because warda ordered double chocolate cake as dessert even after knowing I dislike it.

Why do people look for bride choices but groom is totally ignored. Plus my friends didn't left a chance to tease me enjoying their food. I was going to hit coffee table when I saw covered plate on it. I rubbed my eyes for looking maybe I'm imagining things because of hunger but when I moved hand to confirm their was plate for real making me frown then sat on sofa and uncovered the plate.

The sandwiches was their on plate I smiled and then realised zeba kept here not to think anymore I ate sandwich it was yummy. When I finished eating I kept plate in kitchen still lost thinking if I shall talk to her but then remembered what Junaid said. He called me and clearly said that zeba married me because of his grandfather wish it really upset me don't know why when I knew it from start maybe because after knowing her I wanted to be her choice not her compromise still I know one thing that I'm lucky to have her as my wife.

I slept on sofa in my home office and avoided going to room. I woke up for subhi prayers. At breakfast food was ready on table. I sat and was going to eat when zeba entered saying Salam and sat to start eating while I acted like she don't exist.

She did remain silent but kept passing me food when I needed I don't know how she understood me even when I didn't said anything. Anyway breakfast was tasty same with lunch and dinner. I didn't went to office but did work from home. I tried my best to show zeba that I'm ignoring her just by going out of room when she entered and passing her message indirectly from servants even when she is in same room.

It was third day when I got call from office for important meeting for project which I tried to delay. I never planned on going but then have to leave in hurry because meeting was not postponed. I can't even tell goodbye to zeba. I don't know what she will think but its good way to ignore her.

A whole week without my wife was difficult you know why because I understood my mistake of ignoring her. If only I have let her talk then I would have understood her state.Thanks to warda she said to me that zeba dislike social gatherings or crowds. I got this information as advise from mom and warda as they think I'm on vacation with her and asked me to take her to less crowded place or completely private one. I didn't got call from her but warda said zeba talked to her and mom daily.

Now I regret not talking to her and so decided to leave today and tried finishing my work till evening. When I arrived it was already morning and have to check on my hotels thinking to avoid it but failed. When I reached home it was afternoon. When I entered house it was silent and felt sun rays peaking then I noticed backyard door open their i saw smarty sleeping with her book in hand she looked so cute. I neared to her and saw her opening her eyes maybe because of my footsteps.