Better than Before

J.Rose
Chapter 73
May 18,2017

I cuddle closer into my wife. She was back. I swear if she ain't wake up, I don't know what I would have done. I never felt so broken like I did. The shit was scary, but it's over with now. I looked up at her as she furrowed her eyebrows. Her eyes were a copper color, and her curls being weighed down by water still.

"Mila can you get up?" She asked me like I was injured.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked her as I got up quickly.

She stood up. I watched as she smirked and winked at me. I mean I was all up on her. Like trying to fuse myself with her on her.

"Bathroom," she said as she limped to the bathroom.

"Rain your ankle," I groaned.

"It's just a sprain," she said and waved me off.

I shook my head. Stubborn old as man. It was was a bad sprain. I watched as she walked into the bathroom. I sighed and sat down. I was tired as fuck. I licked my lips and grabbed the blunt off the coffee table. I smirked as I saw this sketch pad she had stuck down into the cushion of the black leather loveseat. I pulled it out and placed it in my lap. I lit the blunt and inhaled. I opened the sketchbook and smirked. We had been smoking for like an hour non stop and laughing at Cartmans fat ass. I smirked as I turned the pages.

"Damn," I mumbled.

She was working on this X-men mural and right now it was looking pretty dope. She had Storm in the center of the piece.

I bit my bottom lip and flipped through the pages. It was a couple of blank ones. I smiled as I came across this drawing of a thunderstorm in the middle of a forest or something. She had a couple of Roses in there too. I bit my lip.

It was a sketch of us. Like a nice detailed one. She was in the middle of coloring it in. It was looking so dope. I ran my hand across the pictur.

"Just an idea," she said as I jumped.

She laughed and sat next to me. I watched as she put her ankle up on the pillows I had placed on the coffee table. She sighed as she got comfortable. I handed her the blunt and placed my head on her shoulder.

"I don't think I have ever been that scared in my life,"I mumbled.

I felt the tears start to build up. It was true. I was so scared she wasn't gonna make it. I swear if she died I probably would of been in the hospital too. Everything she does makes me fall for her more and more. She got me good as fuck. Part of me still believe she wasn't  up. It was still surreal to me. She came back. Like she keeps her word no matter what.

"I know baby," she said as she began to rub my head.

"Mmmm," I moaned as my eyes started to close.

"Stop baby. If it's a dream I don't wanna wake up," I said lowly as sleep took over my body.

"I'll be here when you wake up," she said lowly.

She was going to sleep too.

"Come on let's get in bed," I said as I sat up and looked at her.

"Like bed or 'bed'?" She asked me.

I giggled as she wiggled her eyebrows. I stood up and stretched out my hand. She smirked and grabbed it as I wrapped her arm around my shoulder and grabbed her hand.

"Papi I'm tired," I said as I looked up at her.

She smiled and licked her lips as she broke out of my grip and sat down on the edge of the bed. She grabbed my hand and pulled me between her legs and sat me down on her lap. She placed her hand on my head and pulled it to her shoulder. I giggled as she laid us down and I got comfortable on her chest. I felt her lean over and grabbed the remote as the TV turned on off and she turned on some nice ass jazz.