Family BBQ?

Mila
Chapter 144
July 4

"Come on Milaaaa. Everybody had seen it!" Mia whined.

"No. It was a strap I told y'all," I said as I watched the girls in the pool.

I smiled.  they were having a blast. I was happy they were doing good. They were kids. Kids that weren't scared anymore. Even Trina has relaxed a lot. She was able to actually enjoy the start of her life.

"Look here they come. Imma ask," Red said as she stood up.

I rolled my eyes as I watched my phone dance on the table. Mika, Miguel and Esha had helped me clean up the kitchen and apparently the hallway... and the stairs; while the rest of them tried to convince me to convince Rain to let them see.

"She not finna do it," Ricki said as she got up and stretched.

She handed me the blunt. As she winked at me. Ricki was I don't know... you just so damn nonchalant but also like a little hippie or something. Her and Red were the opposite, but they worked.

"I'm Red. She will let me see," she said as she started her walk over to them.

I smirked as I watched Stormie smirked as Heaven and Thrill was saying something and laughing. I bit my lip. Rain was now dressed in this blue mechanic jump suit and a pair of black socks. Her wet hair was just everywhere. I bit my bottom lip. A bun would be so sexy on her right now.

"You gonna get that?" Migule asked.

I licked my lips and looked back down at my phone. It was my mother. I sighed and placed the blunt to my lips and inhaled. I watched as it stopped dancing on the table. Then exhaled as it started back up.

"It's my mom," I said and groaned.

"Answer it so she can stop callin. You know she will blow a phone up," Mika said.

I sighed and answered the call.  It was true. I placed it on speaker.

"Mila! You and the girls are late to the family bbq," she said.

"Hello mommy," I said and rolled my eyes.

"Don't hello me. Where are y'all at?" She hissed through the phone.

"I'm at a BBQ," I said as I felt a pair of arms go around my waist.

"You are supposed to be at this one!" she yelled.

"No, I'm supposed to be wherever my wife is," I said and sighed.

"I knew this would happen. You would get married and  forget about your family," she said.

"Would y'all leave me the hell alone!" Mia said as she came running by me and laughing.

I smiled as I watched London and Ra chase her around the  yard before Traci quickly grabbed her and the girls tackled her to the ground with Tracis help.

"Is that Tamia?" My mom said and gasped.

"Nope, we not... finna do this," Migule said as he hung up my phone.

I laughed as I watched him shake his head and  drink his henny and coke. He was so serious.  I raised my eyebrow as my phone danced against the table as my mom FaceTime me.

"If they don't leave me alone," Rain said.

"I told you about them shorts though," I said and laughed.