hitta juliet

"stay for dinner."

-

i sat uncomfortable as everyone around me conversated. the girl had brought two brothers and her parents. i felt the girls gaze on me. her name was gabriela.

zach had barley looked in my direction the entire dinner like he didn't want me there.

"so who the fuck is he?" gabrielas brother, sam, spoke up.

"profanity!" zachs mother hushed.

"zachs new boy toy that he refuses to make his actual boyfriend." gabriela spoke.
a lump formed in my throat as i wanted to
speak on it but couldn't. i was caught off guard.

"shut the hell up, gabbie. you know nothing about it!" zach suddenly yelled at her.

"you're mad you can never have a steady relationship that lasts more than ten fucking minutes!" she yelled back.

"gabbie's mad she got her heart broken by zach!" sam laughed, finding the whole ordeal amusing.

"shut up!" zach and gabriela yelled at him in unison.

"i think i outta go." i muttered, standing up and walking out of the house. i had a lot i would have to think about.

i began the walk to my house and the sun had already set.
"jack!" i turned to see zach running towards me.

"why did you leave?" he questioned.

"i've got to get home.."

"i thought you liked spending time with me."

"i do." hecaught me off guard with the question.
"then why are you leaving?" he smirked.

"i-."
"come back, please..or atleast let me take you home." he pleaded.

_

"i want a label, okay?" i sat in the cafe with zach.
he didn't look at me so i took one of his earbuds from him.
"i want a label." i repeated.

"you're so needy. i hate it." zach groaned.

"please?"

"fuck no. i told you i don't want to give you one." he rolled his eyes, reaching in his bag to grab a book.

i watched him flip through pages to find his spot.

"i love you and inwant a label." i pouted.

"what kind of label? like boyfriend or something?" he didn't look away from his book.

"boyfriend would be nice." i admitted.

"okay, you can have it."

"you have to ask me or it isn't official." i complained

"you ask too much of me. no one wants an unattractive, needy boyfriend. choose one, not both."
i felt a sharp pain in my chest. i forgot that Zach found me unattractive.

a moment of silence passed as he countinued his book.

"i like the idea of this book. he loved her so much, he died for her. there's no greater act of love than that, you know?" zach looked at me, his eyes glowed.

"would you like to read romeo and juliet with me?" he added.

i nodded happily, moving from across the table besides him as he read the book aloud. we made it through half the book.

"it's such a beautiful book. this is the eight time i've read it." he flipped to the next page sighing happily.

"i didn't take you for the romance book type." incommented

"you don't know me as much as you want to."

he counties the book and smiled as romeo ends his life.

"it's so beautiful how much he loves her. do you love me as much as romeo loves juliet?"

"i do." inwould go to extremes for my soulmate if that's what it came to.

"will you be my boyfriend then?" zach asked, looking away from his book.

"yes."

_____________________________

Maybe I'll end the book soon

warning: it's not a happy ending

"Do you love me as much as Romeo loves Juliet?"