Chapter 3

Katalayah's POV

"I officially reject you as my mate" the same words just kept playing over and over again in my head. I fell to the floor and my tears just spilled. I was curled on the floor wondering why is this happening ? this wasn't suppose to happen he was suppose to love me unconditionally, he was suppose to protect me and always be there for me. But NO all he did was shatter my heart into a million pieces. i wanted to die but what could i do ?

"Are you okay" I heard Romero say.

he hugged me and i just cried. I felt so comforted and loved. in fact i always felt that way around him. He said " c'mon tell me whats wrong please"

i tried to stop crying long enough to tell him what happened. " St-Steven is my mate and he- he rejected me." that's all i could get out before i broke down crying harder than before.

My wolf was in so much pain. Obviously our mate rejecting us is breaking her too. The next thing i knew Romero picked me up bridal style and said " its okay. I'm here"

Just moments after Romero put me down on my bed my girls walked in and asked whats wrong. Romero told them what i told him. Later i'll tell them everything but right now it hurts too much I just need the people who love me. My girls not a second late just hugged me and cried with me. Christina said "It's okay sweetie. It's his lost".

Is it ? is it really his lost ? Why would he have wanted me anyways.? I'm not pretty enough to be Luna, or strong enough. It's my fault. why couldn't i have been stronger and prettier, why couldn't i have just been better ? That's the last thought i had before i let sleep consume me.

Steven's POV

With every step i took further away from her tore me apart. I can't be with her she just isn't good enough. What if i'm not good enough ? What if I'm with her and she leaves me just like mother did ? In the end she would just break my heart. YES SHE IS GOOD ENOUGH my wolf yelled at me. Don't Talk About Her Like That, You Love Her and she Loves you. she wont hurt us. " No i don't love her " I said sounding more like i was trying to convince myself more than him. But how could i love her ? i don't even know her like that. I just know she has the a eyes that make me wanna melt and a smile that can light up my day and a body that just makes you go "DAMN". Wait snap out of it ! this is Darren, Trevor, and Shaun's little sister your talking about here.

I went outside not wanting to stay around the noise any longer. How could this night get any worse ? I got my answer when Monica came up and punched me in the nose. " THAT'S WHAT YOU GET YOU ASS HOLE" she yelled at me. " she doesn't deserve that, stay the hell away from her i don't give a fuck who you are if you hurt my friend again we will personally KICK YOUR ASS. Do you understand me?" I just nodded my head and asked " how is she?"

"That is none of your fucking concern" Zania and Nyoka said i unison. I just nodded my head.

"DAMN, Steven what the hell happened to you?" Shaun asked.

"Your sister's friend Monica punched me."

"Damn, lil mama tough" he said

"Yeah i know" i said while shaking my head. How the hell is he going to react when he finds out I kissed his sister and then rejected her ?

"Wait, why did she even punch you? Did hit on her or something?"

I said "No" I just rejected your sister.

"Then what happened?'

"I don't even know, Bitch must be PMSing or something" I lied.

"Oh alright. By the way have you seen my sister ? I haven't seen her since the party started"

I started getting a little nervous. what do i tell him ? do i tell him what happen or do i lie ?

"Um, I saw her earlier tonight leaving bathroom but that's it." I said lying to one of my best friends once again.

"Oh thanks man. Well i'll see you" 

We did our signature hand shake then he left. I just sat there until I heard her voice in my head. I totally forgot since were mates after Step One: The Kiss of the matting process you form a mind link only between the two of you.

"Does he think I'm ugly? He didn't even tell me why." I heard her say

I wondered whether or not i should talk to her? I need her to hate me. I want her to forget me. "No you don't.!" My wolf said. "Yes I do". After arguing with my wolf I knew what I needed to do even though my wolf right now was pissed at me for what i was about to do.

"Kat" I called her.

"Steven?" she answered she sounded confused but happy. I said " Yeah it's me. Look I just wanted to say since we are mates even though I don't want you we have our own private mind link. and to answer your question Yes I do think your ugly. Your also weak and everyone hates you. Why would i want you as my mate?" I said and with every word I said i felt as her heart was breaking.

"You know what Steven FUCK YOU ! I hate you and I promise you one day your gonna regret this. One day when its way to Fucking late and I don't want you." she said

I mentally laughed and said " good luck " with that i blocked her out.

Shaun's POV

I've been looking for Kat but i don't see her downstairs or outside so she better be in her room. I walked upstairs to her room and went in to see her crying and her friends hugging her.

"What happened? Why is she crying?"

"She found her mate but then he rejected her". her friend Nyoka said whipping her tears

"WHAT? WHO THE FUCK IS IT?" I asked mad as hell. I just wanted fucking rip this guy apart.

"It was, it was Steven." she said.

My eyes grew wide and was even more pissed then i was before. My best-friend is my sisters mate? and he fucking rejected her! "I'll Fucking kill him".

"NO" Kat said. "No, please don't." "But Kat he hurt you." "And if you hurt him you'll just hurt me more" she said. Realising she was right i just laid there beside her and hugged my baby sister while she cried. When it reached around midnight her friends went home and when she was fast asleep I went straight to Steven's room. The party was over now so he should be in his room.

I went to his room knocked on the door he answered and said "Whats up man?" I just punched him and said " If you ever hurt my baby sister again I swear on everything I WILL KILL YOU". Then i went back to my sister.