|Seven|

"I'm heading out!" I smile at dad and Ellie before a blush forms on my cheeks at the intimate moment I just interupted. Dad pulls quickly away from Ellie, leaving her quite flustered from his kissing, "Be careful, sweetheart." He grins, obvious to my embarrassment. With a nod of my head on out the door, getting into my car.

Mason had an extremely hard time leaving me at the airport. His buff arms were wound tightly around my waist with his cold nose pressed into my neck, squishing me against his large frame as he grumbles about how he wasn't going and couldn't leave me behind. After a hot minute of soft touches to calm him down and whispering reassurances he was on his way, begrudgingly. When he rode up the escalator, he turned to meet my eyes, dread filling his before he mouthed "I love you", disappearing from my view.

It has only been a day and he's already called and or FaceTimed me twenty-three times. Yes, I counted.

After explaining to dad the circumstances, he happily packed a bag and moved into the guest room for the time being. And not to my surprise, that resulted in Ellie coming over copious amounts more than she did when it was only Mason and I living here. Which didn't bother me to be honest, I loved having her around. She would often already have dinner fixed for the three of us by the time I got off from a late shift, which helped out more than she realizes.

Driving to work on my own felt odd. Heck, driving at all felt odd, whenever Mason is around I never have to lift a finger. He always insisted on driving. Not that I minded, it meant I got to be our own personal dj.

Parking my car in front of the small coffee shop me and Mason often frequent, I hesitate before heading in, I haven't gone in here alone since I the last time Mason had to leave. The thought made a cold shiver rack my spine ad I shake my head at my thoughts, everything will be alright.

The cafe was busy as usual, and I didn't mind waiting a little longer for better quality beverages. Immediately after ordering I felt a familiar buzz in my back pocket, with a small smile I step over to the area where people wait for their order to be called out and pull my phone from my back pocket.

Are you at work yet sweetheart?

My smile grew even larger, oh how my good of a husband worries, it's like he thinks that just because he's not here all the tires on my car will pop off and leave me in a scrap heap of soon.

Almost, stopped by Java Vibes first.

Did you order caffeine free? You know what caffeine will do to the baby.

I roll my eyes with a smile, of course he would be worried about me slipping up with pregnant brain, it's sweet he cares so much. I don't know what I would do if he didn't.

Of course, don't worry your curly head. Baby and momma are safe as ever.

I hit send, knowing he needs the reassurance.

Better be. ❤️

"Number 201!" My head perks up, knowing my coffee fix is only a few sweet seconds away. Walking enthusiastically to the counter I reach to grab the plastic cup set on the counter when another hand runs into mine, both of us accidentally knocking the coffee off into the floor on the employee side.

"I'm so sorry!" I rush out, leaning over the counter to look at the mess I just made, "It's okay, it happens all the time." The girl smiles bending down to clean it up. "I'll just fix you a new one alright?"

Giving a sympathetic look I thank her as she scurries off to make more coffee because of my mistake. Or rather... Our mistake. It's only just now that I remember another hand bumping into mine, causing me to turn to my right, or up and right, to the tall man beside me. He's tall, man he's even taller than Mason which is saying alot, he has dark straight hair styled neatly. A dress shirt adorns his broad chest and it almost looks like he puffs his chest out the teeniest bit when I glance that way. He has sharp facial features, very symmetrical, and he has a small scar on his left eyebrow. Over all he's very attractive, but nothing interesting to me. I have my Mason. My heart flutters at the thought.

He smiles sheepishly down at me, "I'm sorry about that," his voice coming out extremely deep, " I was in such a huge hurry I didn't even see you coming up as well. I must have heard yeh wrong number, mines 201." He looks down holding out his receipt, where bold numbers elude to the fact that he is correct. My eyes widen when I reach for my receipt to check, and yep. Pregnant brain does in fact start early...

"How could I be so stupid, my number is 202, I'm so sorry. I-I can pay for your coffee!" I offer but his hand waving in the air silences me, "It's no problem really, I'm just glad this happened so I could meet someone. You see I just moved to the area and I've been, well I've been to scared to even try to make new friends. Looks like luck took care of that for me." He chuckled deeply.

I opened my mouth to talk before the barista walked up to both of us and handed us both our drinks, I thanked her profusely before forcing her to accept a large tip for her troubles.

My phone buzzes with another text from Mason, as I go to check it I notice I'm running late for work.

"Oh forgive me, but I'm running late, maybe I'll see you around." I smile politely before heading towards the door and I faintly hear the mysterious man mutter "yes you will."

Let me know what y'all think! Your feedback literally feeds my urge to update. Thanks for the support! 😘