|Eight

Mason's pov~

  Clarke is a quiet girl, she's not outgoing and she isn't flashy like every other girl at her school. But even setting those things aside there is something that makes Clarke so much different than everyone else, and what that is, is a mystery to even me. Could it be how self sacrificing she is? How she has gone through so much at a young age? Perhaps it's how incredibly innocent she is, even though she has no idea. Whatever it is draws people in. Specifically boys.

That fact alone is enough for me to want to take her far away and keep her away from all male eyes, but I cnat do that. With Clarke being twelve now, she was starting to draw more attention. Even with these immature boys taking notice and practically drooling over her shy form, they were still torturous. They would make remarks about her hair, make fun of her clothes and and personality. Her hair is and always has been gorgeous, her clothes are yes, a bit old and worn, but she can't help that. Her mother doesn't pay enough attention to notice that her daughter needs new clothes and Clarke is too scared to ask. And as far as her personality goes, she has the best character traits I have ever seen, and no one can convince me otherwise.

It's a shame that those boys' homework was mysteriously shredded to pieces.

Clarke sighs as she lays on her bedroom floor, holding her feet in the air. I know what she's doing, she's over thinking. She's recalling what Brent from science class said about her face, specifically about her cheeks. He said she looks like a fat old lady because of how her cheeks poof out. She may have some baby chub left but she is in no way fat. In actuality, she is the most stunning creature I have seen in this realm. Well, in any realm for that matter.

With a huff Clarke sits up, a sad look on her face. My heart breaks.

If I could show myself I could comfort her. I could hug her and tell her how beautiful she is. I would take her into town and buy her clothes so she could feel more confident in her own skin. I would take her away and keep her safe from the world, but that isn't possible.

No matter how much I want it, and no matter how much I try, I'll never be able to take care of her like I yearn to do.

_____________

Mason present day~

"Yes, yes, I understand. I'll do my best in the meantime." I sigh, gripping my hair as I hang up. This job has never bothered me nor has it ever stressed me out, until I had to leave Clarke to work it. Normally I can easily focus on my work and be productive, but this whole trip so far has been agonizingly slow, I can hardly take it. I'm constantly wondering how Clarke is, what she's doing, is she over doing it? I should just fly home and whisk her away. Clarke, Clarke Clarke.

Before even realizing what I'm doing my phone is up to my ear, calling Clarke. She answers sounding extremely tired, "hello?"

I instantly perk up at hearing her voice, my whole body shifting in excitement. "Hey." I breathe, a goofy smile on my face.

A chuckle is heard on the other end, "shoulda known it was you, didn't even look at my phone before I answered, been so busy at work lately."

"Oh sorry to bother you, are you alright? You sound exhausted." I hear her sigh "yeah, Janson has just been working us hard since you left, apparently Jansons boss is going to be working here soon, making sure our branch is working correctly."

"When did you find that out?" I ask in shock, Jansons pretty high up so for someone to be his boss is a pretty big deal. "This morning, hes been a bit frazzled."

"Enough about work, that's all I'm doing is working. I wanna hear about my babies." I grin at the thought, my babies.

My phone beeps alerting me that Clarke is attempting to FaceTime me. I giddily accept the request and stare intently at the screen while it connects us.

Clarke has dark circles under her eyes and she looks like she could fall asleep at any moment, her lips doing that cute pouty thing. But she still looks stunning as ever. "We've been doing good, except for the morning sickness." She winces at the thought.

"I'm sorry baby, have you taken anything for that?"

"I'm going to the doctor for a prescription tomorrow actually."

I nod, concerned. I wish she didn't have to get so sick, but it's a part of life I guess.

A few noises is heard from my phone and Clarke turns to look over her shoulder before turning back to me, "I'd better go, Jansons heading this way. I love you Mason." She smiles sympathetically.

"I love you so much Clarke, be careful for me." She winks blowing me a kiss before the call is ended, leaving me feeling lost again.

Back to work I guess....

A short update but an update nevertheless.

Please comment if you liked it, don't worry, some juicy stuffs about to happen 😉