Love

Ed's PoV

When we got home we went in though the back door. We knew Lorraine's mom would be busy either napping or reading and we didn't want to disturb. The ride home Lorraine laughed and talked about the girls. I could see that she was tired, far beyond tired. But there was a big sense of relief in the way she spoke. I couldn't even remember why I was so scared for her to come with me in the first place.

When we entered the back kitchen Lorraine said "I'll call Father Gordon and let him know what happened" I touched her back and answered "Sounds good." Meanwhile I went downstairs to our artefacts room to store away April's music box. I found it a nice spot, next to the toy monkey and turned to get back. Lorraine was standing in the door " The Vatican approved the exorcism" I chuckled "Nice timing." "And if we can, then he'd like to meet with us tomorrow. There's a case in Long Island he'd like to discuss..." she continued. "Really?" That was typical, already a new family who awaited our help. I closed the door, that was for tomorrow. Right now it was time for us!

Lorraine's POV

Finally this case was over, I felt like I could sleep for a whole week. However tomorrow we would already be working on a new case. I was glad that Judy wouldn't be home for another two hours, it meant Ed and I could just relax. Ed seemed to know what I wanted, went to the living room and put on the radio. We sat down on the couch, I kicked of my shoes and snuggled up against Ed draping a blanket over myself.

"You know, I'm really proud of you hon!" I told him. He looked down at me and smiled, "I'm even prouder of you! You did fantastic! How are you feeling?" He ran his hand through my curls. "Tired but fantastic, because I'm here with you!" I smiled and he kissed me. He started singing, it made me feel secure and happy. I nodded off.

I woke up to Judy stroking my nose. "Mommy, wakey, wakey!" I opened my eyes carefully to see her pretty little face almost touching mine. Her brown eyes looked at me, a little cross eyed because she was so close. "Hey pumpkin! How was school?" I asked her. "We learned how to spell some hard words, I was top of the class mommy look!" And she showed me a certificate. "Wow! I'm really proud of you baby!" And she brightened up even more.

I loved moments like this, when we felt like a normal family. "You know, maybe you should show daddy? We could tickle him until he wakes up?" I said to Judy. She chuckled and nodded. We both started tickling Ed, who woke up at once. And grabbed Judy and pulled her on the couch. We just laid down, only for a moment. And then Judy showed her prize. Ed was just as proud. Judy told us nana had prepared dinner and we were expected in the kitchen in five minutes and took of.

I smiled watching her skip towards the kitchen. "We did good with her, raised her right!" Ed said, I nodded and smiled. "I bet we'd have done just as well with two of those little rascals." He continued. It made my heart bleed. Without realising my smile disappeared and I looked down. "Hon, it's okay!" And he guided my face towards his. How did he know? He saw the confusion in my eyes. "I figured it out during this case..." he said. I started crying. "I'm really sorry, Ed!" It was all I could say even though my mind was filled with lots of thoughts.

"It just wasn't meant to be... I don't blame you! If anyone should be blamed it would have to be me! I shouldn't have let you come, I should've protected you..." he dried my tears and kissed me. "We'll get another chance, if faith is willing to give us one. Meanwhile we'll just give our little bug over there all of our love, until it can be doubled!" He smiled at me, with those beautiful brown eyes. And all I could see was love!

I felt like Ed would've figured it out anyway. These two are as close as it gets and they love each other so much. Lorraine couldn't have kept it a secret for much longer so... hope you guys enjoyed the story so far! Comment down below what you guys would love to read! Thanks for reading ☺️