CHAPTER ONE

What did I do just now? he thought. His eyes caught a figure laying sound asleep next to him. He tried to get up but the aching pain he felt kept him in place. I lost my virginity just now, didn't I? His chin fell and he closed his eyes, too ashamed to believe what just transpired. He lost his virginity, weren't boys suppose to be proud of a thing like that? A tear streaked down his cheek as he forced himself to look at that girl wrapped between the sheets. How would he ever live this down?

"Please forgive me, Rui," he said, almost on the verge of breaking down into tears. "Please forgive me, sister."
..................................................................................
"This is quite a lot, dear," said Mr. Isayama, already helping himself to dinner. "What's the occasion?"

Rui smiled as she rested another serving of trays on the table. "Well I got too excited and I just couldn't help myself from there."

"This Okonomiyaki tastes amazing!" Mr. Isayama continued, stuffing his face. "But continue doing this and you and Masato will run me broke."

Rui giggled a bit before noticing the glum look on her brother's face. "Maso-kun, you've been awfully quiet all evening. Is something wrong?"

Masato cringed. Why was she acting like that?  He got up from his seat and started heading towards the stairs. "I'm going to bed."

Mr. Isayama stopped gourging himself for a moment to look up. "You're not gonna eat first?"

He shook his head. "I'll just warm up something in the morning before I leave."

Not really caring much, his father took that as a acceptable answer and continued eating.

His thoughts were all about. Why did that have to happen? Even though he knew he could not, avoiding Rui for all eternity seemed to be a pretty good idea at the moment. How was he ever going to explain this to his father? They never really had a close relationship after his mother died and it was because he shut himself off from everyone. Still, that awkward feeling he was experiencing even now continued biting at him and before he knew it, he was lying in bed.

"Does Maso-君 not like my cooking anymore?" came a voice from outside his door.

He cringed. Did she seriously follow him up here? Annoyed, he dragged the cover over his head, maybe if he did not reply she'd go away.

"Can I come in?" An eerie silence followed until Rui decided to let herself in. "Are you angry with me?"

Masato turned away from her. "You know damn well what's wrong with me so stop acting like that."

"Acting like what?"

His fist clenched. Was she trying to make him angry on purpose? He could badmouth her all he wanted but one thing for sure was that she was not stupid. "You're just gonna pretend it didn't happen?"

Rui seemed to put on a smile then took a seat next to him. "So that's what's been bothering you?" She said it as if it were some simple child-matter.

"Tch!" His temper started rocketing but he kept himself in check somehow. "Is it not important to you that we did a thing like that?"

She nodded, her smile getting brighter for some reason. "Actually, it really is important."

"Then why do you pretend it didn't happen?"

Clasping her hands in front  herself, Rui brought her face closer to Masato's. "Because we're lovers," she said quite ecstatically. "Who just so happen to share the same parents."

His expression dropped. "Lovers?" He had heard her clearly, he just couldn't believe it. "Rui, you're my..."

"Older sister?" She interrupted. "How does that make it wrong?"

His eyes widened. Did he just hear that correctly? "Yo... You're insane if you think anyone would accept us as a couple."

"I know they won't." She giggled and ruffled his hair. "But I don't care about what anyone else thinks about us."

He slowly noticed how much closer she was getting to him and he hurriedly left the bed for the chair but even then she was right beside him. "We can't be lovers," he morely whispered to himself.

"Why not?"

His jaw clenched, there was only one way to say this and he had to do it perfectly. "We're siblings... I'd never accept you as my lover!"

All that sparkle instantly disappeared from Rui's face. Without saying a word she headed to the door but stopped before she left. "Maso-kun," she said flatly. "I'll make you love me as much as I love you." Her chin dropped and she gave him one last stare. "And if your only reason for not wanting to is because we're siblings, then I won't quit until you do."

The door slammed and Masato let out a sigh of relief. Finally, she was gone, for the moment at least. He looked down at the picture standing on his desk and smiled. The auburn haired lady in the frame smiled back at him. "I've let you down so much already, but I promise I'll make it up to you."