CHAPTER TWELVE

"Maso-kun?"

Masato looked up from his phone. "Huh?"

Rui looked away and rubbed her arm. "Are you cheating on me?"

He shifted in his chair but quickly pulled himself together. "Where did that come from?"

The girl sighed. "You said you'd meet me at the restaurant last night but you didn't show up."

Masato dropped his phone and laughed while bowing to her. "Forgive me. I went to see Kazuto yesterday and it completely slipped my mind."

"But you didn't answer any of my calls."

"We were at the café down from the train station. Sorry, but we're boys."

Rui pushed hee untouched plate away. "That's a lie too, isn't it?"

"Rui..."

"I thought you loved me!" she screamed at him before her voice fell. "Why did you do it, Masato?"

"Rui, what are you talking about?"

She frowned at him. "It was Takeda-san, wasn't it? She seduced you."

Masato's face fell. "Akari did nothing."

"Liar!" She got up so fast she knocked over her chair. "She told you to dump me because she can't stand the fact that we're siblings, right?"

"Akari said nothing..."

Tears started rolling down Rui's cheeks and she screamed. "We were meant for each other, Masato. Why can't you believe that?"

"I do."

Rui unbottoned her shirt and grabbed his hand in hers. "Prove it. Show me that you want me and me alone."

Masato froze in place. He tried to push his hand forward but it wouldn't move and he pulled himself from her. "So what if I want Akari?" His expression quickly fainted and he fell to his knees. "This is wrong Rui. Everyone looks down on us for doing the things we've done."

Rui's eyes softened. "But we love each other."

"I don't love you, dammit!" His entire body started shaking as he forced himself to not break down. "I thought just having sex with you was enough to make me love you but its not. Whatever happened that first night, just forget about it."

The girl knelt beside him and pushed her chest against his arm. "You don't mean that, Maso-kun."

He clenched his fists. "Yes I do."

Rui smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "We were born to love each other and you got angry because I was angry with you." She pushed him on to his back and climbed on top of him.  "I made you angry so you can punish me all you want, okay?"

Masato felt his arms trembling as he touched her but he quickly pushed her off of him. "When Dad gets back I'll tell him to hurry up and let you marry Naofumi."

The girl's smile faded. "I can't marry Naofumi if you're my husband, Masato."

He cringed. "I'm your brother, Rui. Let's just end this, maybe it'll be different in another life. Just not now."

Without much notice, she slapped him. "I already told you. If you don't want to be with me because I'm your sister, I'll change your mind one way or the other."

The doorbell rang saving him from replying and he quickly went to answer it.

"Good morning!" said a awkwardly cheerful Akari, pressing her lips against his as soon as he answered. "How's my boyfriend?"