Chapter 6 - If you go down, I'm coming with you.

Frank's diary; 

Today I met this amazing person called Gerard way. And I think I like him. He has the most beautiful hazel eyes I've ever seen and the way he smiles makes me want to melt, he's so self-conscious it's adorable. His laugh is contagious and he has the cutest little teeth that don't actually look like they've fallen out yet. I don't know when I'll tell him, but I will tell him soon, because otherwise I'm gonna do something really embarrassing, and possibly scare him off, because it seems it's really easy to do that at the moment. He keeps getting bullied and I just want to hit all of the bullies with a fucking chainsaw. I need to find a way to piss them off enough to leave him alone. They nearly broke his fucking nose this morning! 

Anyway that's all, I'm gonna go think of this beautiful young man that has entered my life. 

Night, -xofrnk

(Back to 3rd person.) 

The next morning dragged by deathly at school, nobody really talking to either boy. Gerard was used to not being noticed, but he just assumed that people weren't talking to Frank because he was hanging around with him, completely forgetting the fact that Frank had only just joined and probably didn't have many friends yet, and feeling guilty for ruining Frank's chances of getting friends now. 

At lunch however, things started to stir. Gerard and Frank bought their food and sat down at one of the small tables in the cafeteria. Just as the two got comfortable and started eating, a powerful voice was heard behind them. 

"Oh look! The fag's finally got a boyfriend! Congratulations retard!" yelled one of the popular assholes of the school as he grabbed the hood of Gerard's jacket and pulled him off of his chair down onto the wood floor. Gerard hissed as his back hit the hard surface and Frank flinched, anger bubbling inside him. 

"He's not my boyfriend!" Gerard squeaked fearfully, trying to sound angry but failing hopelessly. Frank finally stood up from his chair, ready to take down the bully who hurt his best - and only friend. 

"Why does it matter to you?" Frank starts, grabbing Gerard's hand and pulling him up. "What have you got against gay people? It ain't your problem! It's not like he's ever gonna fancy you, have you seen yourself?" 

"Gay people are disgusting, they are a sin and therefore deserve to be destroyed, one way or another, if that means getting him to kill himself then so be it!" 

Frank's eyes widened and he clenched his fists "if that's how you see it..." he paused preparing for his next move. "Then you can destroy both of us!" he yelled, placing his hand on the back of Gerard's neck and pulling him in for a short yet passionate kiss. 

Gerard didn't move at first, completely shocked by the action, he didn't expect Frank to do anything, but instead he practically committed social suicide and kissed him. Once Gerard was able to move again, he immediately put pressure against Frank's lips, hesitating before resting his hands just above Frank's hips. 

Frank pulled away, pausing to hold Gerard's hand, before walking him out of the cafeteria and down the corridor, into a closet full of school supplies at the end of the hall. 

"You okay?" he asked, locking the door behind them, "listen, I'm really sorry about that, I would've hurt him, but I thought I'd try and piss him off first, so I did the first thing I thought of..." Frank trailed off, shrugging his shoulders and giggling nervously. 

"Yeah I'm okay, I was just shocked, that's all... Thank you, though, for defending me..." Gerard looked at his shoes "and for the kiss..." he smiled and looked up at Frank.  

Frank took a deep breath and replied "I really like you Gerard..." and leant forward to kiss Gerard again. Gerard smiled wider than he had all year, "I really like you too." and connected their lips once more.