The secret within the musical box on the top shelf

It had been 4 months since Molly joined the ALDC and boy was she loving every second of it. feeling like she was finally part of the elite group who have welcomed her since the moment she walked through the door.

Molly had now not long after joining ended up as a favourite along side Maddie and the truth was Molly loved having the affection from Abby which made her feel special and that she couldn't' do anything wrong but, that all changed one cold Autumn in Pittsburgh.

Molly arrived home from school and headed to her bedroom and started putting on her dance wear with the Abby Lee logo. Once Molly was happy with her choices she started putting her long dark hair into a neat and tight bun finally wanting to place a red flower in her hair but she couldn't'find it so she opened draws in her room and rummaged but, she could not find it anywhere.

"Mom, have you seen my red flower for dance?" Molly yelled from her bedroom

"No sweetie, I haven't.. anyway" Pam went back to her conversation leaving Molly none the wiser to where her red flower was.

Molly  walked into her mothers room  remembering that she last saw the flower when she pinned it to the red dress she had last worn when she last  competed with her old dance school  so she began to rummage. Molly rummaged through her mothers chest of draws only to find nothing. 

Molly Look round her mothers room seeing her sliding wardrobe,which she knew,had lots of compartments. Molly rummaged through draws only to find nothing so she pulled down boxes that were on the top shelf and opened them but couldn't find what she was looking for that's when she spotted right at the back of the wardrobe a nice box. Molly tip toed  and lifted the box from the top shelf and opened it  to see it was a large musical jewellery box with her mothers jewellery and ballerina spinning round as the music played. Molly carried the box carefully in her arms  and sat down on the bed rather intrigued so,she lifted the top layer which revealed some of her mothers possessions. Molly   started looking through the photos and smiling seeing her mother in her younger days. Molly carried on looking through  loose bits of paper and more photos and that's when she spotted a photo  with her name written at the back with her date of birth. she turned the photo over.

 Molly turned the photo over realize it was a hospital picture of the day she was born  which would explain why her birthday was written on the back. Molly looked closer at the photo and smiled until she realized who was holding her "OMG.... Miss Abby?" Molly gasped "no.... this can't be right..." Molly furrowed her brow and looked at the photo more closely realizing it really was Miss Abby in the picture.

The picture was crumpled in places but, you could not mistake that it was Abby in a hospital bed wearing a white hospital gown holding a tiny little bundle in her arms with a bright smile as she looked at the camera. Molly stared at the photo for a few minutes before she turned it back over to read once again what was written on the back.

Molly sat on the bed in complete shock with tears slipping down her cheeks, unsure how to feel, Molly sunk to the floor in despair as she stared at the photo running the whole idea in her head.

 Pam walked into her room "hey sweetie, did you find.." Pam stopped dead in tracks when she saw the musical box open with pictures spread out on the bed and Molly holding a single photograph. Molly held up the photo "I didn't find the..flo....." she sniffed and wiped her eyes " ....flower but, I found... this.. I'm going to my room I don't feel so well..." Molly dropped the photo on the floor and walked off to her bedroom slamming the door shut.

Pam picked up the picture that Molly had dropped seconds earlier , sighing she looked at the photo  thanking god that the photo was enough for Molly to stop digging further other wise she would have found the papers that made it official when, Pam already knew that Molly had worked out what it meant . Pam  placed the picture back into the box and picked up the rest and put them away placing the top layer of the box back closing it and carried it back towards the wardrobe and lifted it back in to its rightful place. closing the wardrobe behind her Pam felt the tears slip down her cheeks.