Miss Abby or.....Mom?

that weekend the girls took first place in the group dance without Molly who had gone missing for over an hour  but she soon returned later on that day Abby never was seen again she never traveled back with the girls.

the next day -

"Alright girls, gather round" Abby said first thing.

she signaled the moms to come down from upstairs "Uh Oh whats going on" Pam asked, knowing full well what it was about.

The moms entered the studio and everyone gathered round Abby, and she started to talk.

"Alright, Now that you all know my darkest secret I only think it is fair and think its best Molly knew the truth" Abby looked directly at Molly who looked away.

"my long term boy friend who I won't name for obvious reasons were celebrating with several of my students who had just won roles on Broadway and well we celebrated their big win and well.....after a couple of months the relationship ended..."

"Abby you don't have to tell us everything" Melissa said giving Abby a concerned look.

"No I do it's the right thing to do... well anyway after the relationship ended I continued to teach dance but after a few months I began to feel unwell  and had to walk away from the studio and I found out I was already 4 months pregnant... I didn't know what to do so I packed up for my mothers and that's when she told me about a former pupil who was struggling to conceive and well...." Abby had tears in her eyes.

"My mother suggested I had the baby and would let the couple adopt her as their own and Molly was originally born Molly lee Miller but was soon switched to Schoenfield. soon after she was born  I never got to hold her very long, only long enough for a single photograph and the only thing I remember is thinking how perfect and how fragile she was and how much I wanted to keep her as I looked down at her only Remembering I made a deal and with my career rising in the dance world and knowing I just couldn't care for her properly with the studio and everything  and so I gave her up only never be seen again until 12 years later" Abby looked at Molly who had tears falling silently down her cheeks.

the moms and the girls were crying  when Molly spoke up "Did you ever think about me?" Molly looked directly at Abby and  Abby Nodded "Yes, I would  search for you in every girl I taught only to realize I would never find you".

"So my mother is my dance teacher and is that the reason I ended up a favourite as soon as I arrived? you know what, I thought I could deal with this but I can't I just can't I'm sorry" Molly looked at Pam then at Abby.

Molly ran out of the room with tears falling down her cheeks, Pam went after Molly but, after Molly ran out of the studio and started walking down the road. Molly walked along the road in a trance as her feet took over whilst her mind processed what Abby had said. the heavens opened but Molly just walked along in the pouring rain. Molly stopped to look up at the dark Autumn sky as the rain washed over her face feeling the droplets wash away the hurt. Molly sunk to her knees and just sobbed not caring she grazed her knees on the gravel as the rain continued to pour drowning Molly.

Molly had now been out in the cold for over an hour when she started to shiver she got up and slowly started walking back to the studio knowing that the others would still be there and that Abby would continue to still teach them. Molly walked into the car park which was now empty only a few cars remained, she spotted her mothers car  and spotted Abby's car still parked in her usual space but the others had clearly gone. Molly opened the door and walked into the reception area.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!" Abby screamed making Molly jump out of her skin.

"I just need to get away from here..." Molly said shivering.

Abby got up out of her seat and walked round to see Molly soaked from head to toe as she shivered.

"Come on lets get you warm and dry" Abby placed her arm round Molly and led her into her office where she handed Molly a towel and started rummaging through stock looking for something Molly could wear.

"Where's ...Mo...Pam.. I don't know what to call you or Pam anymore"  Abby handed Molly a jumper and a pair of  black jazz pants still in there packaging.

"Your Mom went out looking for you Molly and well just call me Miss Abby...." Molly shook her head.

"But your my mother" Molly demanded jumping out of her seat in anger.

"get dry and in the clean clothes" Abby said rather forcefully and it worked because Molly stormed out and into the ladies toilets.

Once she was dry and changed Molly headed back into Abby's office "If you don't want to be my mother then fine just say so" Molly demanded.

"Fine if that's what you want to hear then I don't want to be your mother" there it was Abby just said the hurtful words that crushed Molly's heart.

"You know what save it  don't bother I don't want to do this anymore.....I'm sorry I have ruined everything for you" Molly walked over to the door only to stop turn round say one final thing to Abby "Have a nice life, bye Mom sorry I mean...Miss Abby" Molly rushed out of the studio and out of the dance school and waited outside for her mother to return and that was the last time Molly was part of the ALDC.