Chapter 3

It seemed like after this dinner everything would be fine again. Like it was before. Mom is always looking off into space nowadays. I can barely talk to her at a meal. One day I even saw her drool. It was disgusting. Now the only pleasure I have with her is our car rides. Even if I play on my phone the whole time while she is driving, we are together. My click clacks stopped as I reached my favorite boutique. It was called "Monte." I don't know why. I turned into the store and walked up the small ramp, barely tilted. I opened the door and a bell jingled that familiar jingle. I smiled. 45 minutes. That's enough time. I walked around the small store, nitpicking at the threads hanging loose deciding not to get this and that. The jewelry was handmade and beautiful as ever. I picked out a silver necklace with a locket. Inside was a sample picture. I looked at the picture and saw how happy the family looked and wished mine could be like that. I put the necklace down on the table and didn't get it. I picked up a black pencil skirt, a pair of silver dangly earrings, and a white blouse. I checked out and checked the amount of time till I had to meet my dad. 30 minutes. One more store.