Chapter 4

I continued walking. My heels continued tapping. I walked past the shimmering pond where a little duck waddled past me. The sun reflected off the pond as if something was coming out of it. I little fish poked his head out and continued moving along in a path. I looked to where it was going and saw a fisherman pull with all his might at the his pole. Poor fish. He didn't know what he was getting himself into. Just like me. After the pond ended a sidewalk started. This made my heels sound even louder. The main road started up again with all my favorite little shops. 25 minutes. I turned right into a ball g store called "Lacey MT". The restaurant was right down the street so I could take 20 minutes in here. No problem. I walked into the jewelry section looking for a charm bracelet. I picked out one in the case. A older lady with dangly earrings came over. She asked"how can I help you?" Her voice was filled with annoyance. Her hair was snow white and very short, almost a buzz cut. "This one" I said with a bratty tone. I wanted to show her that I get what I want. The charm bracelet I picked out was themed. I read the little identity card that was attached. "Dreams" was the definition. I have dreams. This would be perfect. "I'll take it" I said to the old lady. "Okay" she said " you check out right over here." She gestured to the cashier. "What is your name?" I ask. "Ellis" she says.